Stock Notice: Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM in stock at Adorama

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Adorama has stock of the brand new Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM.
Key Features:

Fixed Mirrorless FL: All Zooms
Mirrorless: Zoom: Focal Length: 70-200mm
Lens Format: Lens Format: Full-Frame
Maximum Aperture: Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
Lens Type: Telephoto Zoom Lens
Special Features: Weather Resistant
Image Stabilization: Image Stabilization: Yes (IS)

Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM at Adorama

Continue reading...

MadScotsman

EOS R / RP
Sep 9, 2019
I just received mine. It looks awesome. Although the zoom ring being moved further away from the camera is something to which it's going to take time to adjust. Now my trinity is complete.View attachment 187592

Trying to keep the slobber from shorting my keyboard...

Lololol

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
index.php

Mmm you have a decent Father Christmas service in your area, mine is useless.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Optics Patent

Former Nikon (Changes to R5 upon delivery)
Nov 6, 2019
I switched from Nikon to Canon after decades because of THIS LENS. I love it because it works like a heavy 70mm portrait lens for family/kid shooting every day, unlike the horse's leg Nikon on an FTZ it replaced (image shows both ready to shoot at 70mm). There are 6 Nikon items outgoing in the mail today after my big Ebay sale!

Attachments

• IMG_3204.jpeg
    IMG_3204.jpeg
    756.6 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Optics Patent

Nov 6, 2019
I just received mine. It looks awesome. Although the zoom ring being moved further away from the camera is something to which it's going to take time to adjust. Now my trinity is complete.View attachment 187592

I'm new to Canon ergonomics (superior to Nikon but still a challenging transition) and find the zoom ring well placed as it becomes the midpoint when zoomed out and a good support is most needed. I removed my tripod foot ring and will probably will never use it.

Upvote 0

Optics Patent

Nov 6, 2019
I tried one on my R yesterday and noticed that it had a "pumper" type zoom...I seem to recall that this type zoom in an EF 100-400L caused dust to be pumped into the sensor..any thoughts about this one?

If this worry were justified eBay would be brimming with dust filled 100-400 lenses. It isn’t. Retracting lenses are the state of the art. Horse’s legs are obsolete. I’ll take useful at 70mm over clumsy any day. Camera bodies are obsolete after a few years anyway and sensors can be cleaned.

Upvote 0

rnl

Jun 22, 2016
If this worry were justified eBay would be brimming with dust filled 100-400 lenses. It isn’t. Retracting lenses are the state of the art. Horse’s legs are obsolete. I’ll take useful at 70mm over clumsy any day. Camera bodies are obsolete after a few years anyway and sensors can be cleaned.

They are. Canon replaced the series I with the series II because of the dust problem. The dust travels to the sensor and does not end up in the lens. I purchased the EF 70-200Liii on sale..the merchant (a canon authorized seller) matched a web price and I paid $1680.80.

Upvote 0

JTP

Nov 1, 2019
They are. Canon replaced the series I with the series II because of the dust problem. The dust travels to the sensor and does not end up in the lens. I purchased the EF 70-200Liii on sale..the merchant (a canon authorized seller) matched a web price and I paid $1680.80.
Power to you. I just sold off my EF 70 - 200's as the RF 70 - 200's beats the balls off of them in every aspect. As for the dust problem, hey, that's what CPS is for, that's if there's ever even a problem. I'd much rather have the best photos I can possibly get from my equipment.

Upvote 0

rnl

Jun 22, 2016
Says nobody ever that uses their equipment to provide food for their family... But we'll surely continue to enjoy the tremendous resolution and quality jump on the dust pumpers ;-)
Wow. I thought this was a forum dedicated to the exchange of ideas and experience. I buy and use the camera equipment, I don't manufacture or market it - simply put, I do not have a "dog in the fight." I don't defend my photographic equipment.

Upvote 0