Sunrise

Hey guys! First time posting! ive been looking at the forums for a little while now and finally decided to post some pictures. These are from a recent vacation.

Sunrise down in South Carolina.
IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3676.jpg

IMG_3663-2.jpg

these last two were at night. 30 second exposures. I was very surprised with both of these. The first one i was not expecting such a spectacular cloud and sky along with the beach and the lighthouse down in the distance. The second pic i got this weird line in the top left. I have no idea what it is. anyone got any idea? the only thing i could think of is a satelite or a plane...UFO anyone? haha

IMG_3787-2.jpg

IMG_3788.jpg

Hope you guys enjoy these.

SDsc0rch said:
its an aircraft

get those all the time :/

ah yeah thats what i figured. guess its gonna be one of those things thats really cool the first time and then annoying :p haha....

200+ views and no comments? i just recently started shooting so im always looking for tips and things. Ive yet to use an L lens so im itching to rent one as i cant possibly afford one.

Upvote 0
Sunrise/sunset shots rarely look good on their own, even with amazing colours, without supporting elements, you simply can't do them justice. Just like other landsape shots, the best ones have strong foreground elements to draw the viewer into the image and towards the sunset/sunrise. Of course, that means you really need to invest in a set of graduated filters, unless you use HDR, which to me just looks garish and unnatural, unless done well.

Watchet Summer Sunset by Kernuak, on Flickr

Orange Dusk at Watchet by Kernuak, on Flickr

Kilve Pill under a Mackerel Sky by Kernuak, on Flickr

Upvote 0