Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD

cliffwang said:
Thanks for sharing so many good pictures. I was not a big fan for Tamron because of the 18-270mm. However, I still gave Tamron 24-70mm a try few months ago. I was so impressed for the IQ and its amazing VC. It was much better than my Canon 24-70mm MK1. The only complain for me is the AF speed is not as fast as Canon 24-70mm. Overall Tamron 24-70mm is worth any penny.

You're welcome. I wanted to do a review more from a photographer's perspective than from a professional reviewers (which I am not).

Upvote 0
dstppy said:
Even though it's worth every penny, did anyone get to pay LESS than every penny for it?

I've been waiting for it to drop SOME, but even the tamron rebates haven't included this beastie.

I was also waiting for Tamron rebates. However, the 24-70mm had never been on its rebate list. Finally, I got this lens when Beach Camera had 10% eBay buck few month ago. That's about 100 bucks cheaper than its tag price.

Upvote 0
cliffwang said:
dstppy said:
Even though it's worth every penny, did anyone get to pay LESS than every penny for it?

I've been waiting for it to drop SOME, but even the tamron rebates haven't included this beastie.

I was also waiting for Tamron rebates. However, the 24-70mm had never been on its rebate list. Finally, I got this lens when Beach Camera had 10% eBay buck few month ago. That's about 100 bucks cheaper than its tag price.

Yeah, I guess it'll be 3900 amazon points which *IS* $39 bucks, better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Upvote 0
skitron said:
What are this lens owners' opinions concerning it's AF and build quality? I'm considering one of these.

AF is very accurate and is just slightly slower than the best USM motors. Build quality is very strong - it is weather sealed, dense, and Roger has said the break down is good after they remedied an early glued seal issue in the very first model.

Upvote 0
Rienzphotoz said:
Whenever I leave my 5D MK III + Tamron 24-70 VC with VC turned on (even though the camera power is turned off), the battery drains very within a couple of days ... does anyone else face this issue?

I had a similar issue. Call Tamron, send it in, and they will fix it quickly. It needs an updated circuit board.

Upvote 0