Tamron SP 150-600mm Di VC USD

jbrandon

CR Pro
Oct 21, 2014
I got mine from a local dealer. I guess they sent out equal quantities to the stores that got a shipment in the beginning. So the larger stores would have sold out immediately while some of the smaller less shopped dealers may have had one or two in stock.

Attachments

• _V7B1412.jpg
    828.2 KB · Views: 532
  • _V7B1458.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 525
  • _V7B1414.jpg
    925 KB · Views: 532
Upvote 0
A good thread - with some fine examples above.

After one month of use I am very pleased with the Tamron together with my 6D.
I looked for a long time for some longer reach (than my 70-200 f/4 L).
When the new 100-400 still did not materialize, I decided for the Tamron, and got the extra reach as a great bonus. I have a lot of learning to do now with this long reach.
I am pleased with IQ, and especially impressed with the IS/VC.
Also the build seems good to me. So overall value for money is absolutely satisfactory.

This example is one of my favourite objects (small garden-birds) - a nuthatch shot from my open kitchen door (actually this shot was taken by my brother - so all credits ....).
Info: 6D, Tamron @600mm, 1/250s, f/6.3, ISO 800. Cropped.

Attachments

• IMG_8134 h800.JPG
    IMG_8134 h800.JPG
    731.5 KB · Views: 465
Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
Here's a 600mm shot wide open that I took yesterday.

Gone Away... by Thousand Word Images by Dustin Abbott, on Flickr

The lens is great - I just don't do a lot of this style of photography (or even particularly enjoy it).

Very nice photo with nice colors. I like blue with the combination of brown
Just a question: Isn't there a small focus shift to the small branch behind the bird? Looks it focussed on there. Used Flickr to zoom.

Upvote 0
I've had the lens since about August 12th, here are some of the shots I've gotten from it with a 5d mkii. It's not always the fastest focuser but I haven't really had any trouble with it back or front focusing. Wish it was a bit sharper at 600mm but other than that it has been a great lens.

IMG_9353 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_0163 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_9762 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_0657 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_1202 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

Blood Moon Rising over The Bridgers by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_1440 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_1404 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_0133 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_9725 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_9395 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Andy_Hodapp said:
I've had the lens since about August 12th, here are some of the shots I've gotten from it with a 5d mkii. It's not always the fastest focuser but I haven't really had any trouble with it back or front focusing. Wish it was a bit sharper at 600mm but other than that it has been a great lens.

That is a beautiful series of images. Very nice!

Upvote 0