Tamron SP 150-600mm Di VC USD

StudentOfLight

I'm on a life-long journey of self-discovery
Nov 2, 2013
Cape Town
I mainly went out with the intention of shooting Sunbirds but close to MFD the magnification is actually quite decent.

Attachments

• BYG-2.jpg
    BYG-2.jpg
    698.6 KB · Views: 482
  • BYG-3.jpg
    BYG-3.jpg
    717 KB · Views: 390
  • 2015-KB-Q2-Double Collared Sunbird.jpg
    2015-KB-Q2-Double Collared Sunbird.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 392
  • untitled-4.jpg
    untitled-4.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 333
  • untitled-5.jpg
    untitled-5.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 427
  • Bee on Gazania.jpg
    Bee on Gazania.jpg
    343.3 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0
What's great about this lens is that you can take it with you without worrying about it too much. I took this one on the way home from work today. The heron was posing nicely for an environmental portrait along the road. I saw the nervous bokeh in the viewfinder and it shows up in the shot. I've always thought the quality of the background blur was really good with this lens so I don't know what the deal is here?

Attachments

• IMG_2933_DxOM.jpg
    IMG_2933_DxOM.jpg
    711 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0

TheJock

Oct 10, 2013
Dubai
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
I'm reviewing the Sigma 150-600 SPORT right now and comparing it with the Tamron. I can't really tell any real difference in image quality (surprisingly), and the Sigma actually vignettes much heavier (also surprising, considering the front element is 10mm bigger!)
Hi Dustin, have you completed your review on the two 150-600's yet?
I'm very interested to read it as I think one of these on a 5DIII (my next purchase) should offer excellent performance!

Upvote 0
Stewart K said:
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
I'm reviewing the Sigma 150-600 SPORT right now and comparing it with the Tamron. I can't really tell any real difference in image quality (surprisingly), and the Sigma actually vignettes much heavier (also surprising, considering the front element is 10mm bigger!)
Hi Dustin, have you completed your review on the two 150-600's yet?
I'm very interested to read it as I think one of these on a 5DIII (my next purchase) should offer excellent performance!

I've done the Sport review (you can see it here: http://bit.ly/1RhfI3z ) and I just received the Contemporary and am starting to review it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've never been happy with the af on the lens but the iq is really good. there is always a thread or 2 running on a comparable canon lens. that would bring better af for sure. these are not award winning wildlife photos but you can see the lens is plenty sharp.

taken with the canon mount lens on an a7rii + metabones adaptor

Attachments

• DSC03356_DxO-1.jpg
    DSC03356_DxO-1.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 317
Upvote 0