TDP: Just Posted: Canon EOS R Review

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Never though I would go mirrorless at all, but seeing how low I had to go to sell the 1d, I’m sure glad I did switch now. And I think Bryan is always more positive about Canon products than others. That said, I’m very positively surprised by the R, it’s much better than if I was to just read reviews and come to a conclusion. If I was just going by reviews, I probably wouldn’t have bought it. Good thing reality is different...

The 6D Mark II was the same way. A bunch of forum dwellers who had never actually seen one, much less shot with one, trashed it based on DxO Mark's scores. On the other hand, those who use it love it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
The 6D Mark II was the same way. A bunch of forum dwellers who had never actually seen one, much less shot with one, trashed it based on DxO Mark's scores. On the other hand, those who use it love it.
Exactly, and I think that’s why people use Canon products, all the trash talk is just that, it doesn’t describe the products in any way shape or form. They are incredible tools. I’ll just let the spec-trolls spend their time arguing while I’m out TRULY enjoying my new camera. I wasn’t expecting to be this happy with a cheaper camera, but I compare it directly to the 1dx2, button for button, function for function, and I don’t miss the 1d at all... and I used them exclusively for a decade, that says something about the R, I think...

Upvote 0