Tethering issues - a big deal for studio photography

Mar 25, 2011
Canon seems to have the only practical tethering that is fast and works. I use my EOS R tethered over USB C with a 15 ft cable with no issues. I am using Canon Utilities on a PC, so its always possible that a Mac could have a issue not present in a PC. That issue seems to crop up with new Mac OS frequently, I've no way to test it.

Upvote 0
Canon seems to have the only practical tethering that is fast and works. I use my EOS R tethered over USB C with a 15 ft cable with no issues. I am using Canon Utilities on a PC, so its always possible that a Mac could have a issue not present in a PC. That issue seems to crop up with new Mac OS frequently, I've no way to test it.
i'll try it on PC then. thanks

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Thank you for your answer. would you be so kind to test it on a capture1 trial?
Are you tethering with Canon Utilities, or with Capture one?

Your original post leaves out the camera model and software, so we just have to guess what you might be doing.

You can get better help if you provide information.

Upvote 0
Are you tethering with Canon Utilities, or with Capture one?

Your original post leaves out the camera model and software, so we just have to guess what you might be doing.

You can get better help if you provide information.
Hi, this is a post under canon's EOS R so i'm using that.
i've tried tethering to Canon's program, capture one and lightroom.. on iMac with a cable to USB 3 and on the new macbook pro with USB C

Upvote 0