The Always Hidden Camera at the World Cup

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
yaeh!
that's what CR is for.

It doesen't matter what's hidden unterneath that white plastic...
But at least we've got something to talk about.

EVEN IF this is really a 7D successor and even if we are sure about it, we don't know what it will deliver to us.
*lol*

If we just had some [CR2] specs... then it would be interesting.

so it is....

just some white plastic foil - no matter what's unterneath.

*rotfl*
really great.

Upvote 0
Mar 21, 2013
Mt Spokane Photography said:
But only one? None of the others? Maybe its one of the Sony A7R's with a Canon lens. I could see why a Pro would hide it ;)

Don Haines said:
Are you sure it's not a Sony and the photographer is ashamed of it :)

danski0224 said:
It's obviously an EOS M with a foam surround to make it look bigger....

You guys all beat me to it. Only I was going to put that he is hiding a rebel body under there. Thats a photographer, smart enough to invest in glass, rather than body :)

Upvote 0
Re: 1Dx mark II or 7D mark II

Diko said:
I was going to wait until the end of the World Cup. Wanted to check the last games. Both semi- and finals. But that stupid NL article made me post it prematurely:

Sorry about your premature post problem...

I don't think the picture points to much at all, but it's more robust than most of the stuff that Craig and myself get sent ;-)

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2013
I don't get this. If this is the elusive, much anticipated, mythical 7D2, then why hide it? It's pretty much a given (finally!) that it's coming out, right? Will Sony or Nikon steal the style or colour and mimic it if they see it? I mean, are there camera companies out there just waiting to do DSLR knockoffs? Aren't the important things about the camera the guts that you can't see anyway? Will Canon lose market share if someone sees the big hump on top is reality and not a rumour? Like, wow, big deal. Now, get me a pic of a Yeti and we'll talk.

Upvote 0
Hello from the newbie for tonight...

What I'd like to know is why no one on the sidelines is asking this guy why he's hiding his camera. Doesn't anyone know who the camera man is, and contact him for a few questions??
Perhaps he's just using a towel to wipe his face, temperatures at the World Cup are high.
-------
But what do I know? I'm just a tourist on this site...
-------

BTW, no, I don't use a G16. I'll change that as sons as I can figure how/where.

Upvote 0
1189897d2.png

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/5379397d2.png

Upvote 0
Daniel Flather said:

Those white covers are standard Canon rain coats. They come in three sizes - S, M and L. I have all three and they are excellent quality, and are purchased directly from Canon themselves.

When I shoot a match and there is a risk of rain, I will often put the rain cover on the lens but move it off the body, it only takes a second to cover the body from there and you do not risk losing any shots by doing this.

Upvote 0
Apr 14, 2011
mb66energy said:
The photos displayed were from the game Algeria - Germany with partially stronger rain. So this might be the (boring) explanation of these "hidden cameras" ...

Exactly, there was heavy rain throughout the whole match.
if in yesterday's soccer games the cameras were still covered I would rather believe new prototypes being tested hidden from the public....

Upvote 0