This may not stay up for long but here:
it's in AUD. Converting gives roughly $6800 or £5500
It may be a placeholder though.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

joestopper

Rrr...
Feb 4, 2020
photo rumours just dropped price of R5 from aussie store $10499.00 only 400 less than 1dxm3 not much wiggle room for a 1dx mirrorless to be made loos like that will be 15 grand plus ???

You are referring to this?

Looks like another hoax from a dealer who wants to attract attention. Just remember that we heard a few days ago that on May 16th is a life presentation of R5 at a photo dealer ...

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Aussie shooter

https://brettguyphotography.picfair.com/
Dec 6, 2016
brettguyphotography.picfair.com
I have a feeling, that the real R5 probably wont live up to the expectations (maybe low noise performance or dynamic range not on par with competition, or sensor resolution is lower than hoped for and 8K is just done by using IBIS,...). So i guess Canon wants to keep potential buyers interested for as long as possible until larger quantities of the product are available. If they let the cat out of the bag right now, they could lose their interest.
Dude. 8k at 30fps doneby IBIS??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That would be a technological marvel bordering on divine miracle. If they announce that then Canon have truly ended the life of all other camera manufacturers

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
This may not stay up for long but here:
it's in AUD. Converting gives roughly $6800 or £5500
It may be a placeholder though.
def a placeholder :) at $10.5K Aussie it is not going to fly. no way. none, zilch, nada.

Upvote 0
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
This would be $4,700 US if my currency calculator is correct. Probably a placeholder as well, but might be a bit closer to reality. Includes VAT and I'm guessing that prices in Romania might be higher.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
Oh yes, you knock us down by destroying our hopes that it will be announced on May 16th. Although, it did seem a bit odd that Canon would choose a Saturday to announce it. Then tell us that a workshop, which most or all of us can't attend, (for various reasons) is going to be exciting. Canon and Nikon are both doing a great job of aggravating my patience.

Canon didn't announce anything. A local camera dealer announced it trying to draw attention to their seminar.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
No, you did not express your opinion. You attacked his characteristics without addressing the substance of his argument. That is poor etiquette. You may want to look up 'argument ad hominem' to get a grip on the pattern.

You accuse me of attacking someone with a post far more aggressive than anything I said to either of you? That's rich.

Pull on your big boy panties and realize that just because someone disagrees with your opinion does not constitute an attack. On the other hand, realize that your attack accusing me of attacking someone I did not attack will NOT intimidate me into agreeing, or even pretending to agree, with your opinion.

People who say things are boring are, in my humble opinion, the ones who are actually boring. People who are interested can find things of interest in anything.

Upvote 0