The Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark III is finally on the way

blackcoffee17

EOS RP
Sep 17, 2014
From the leaks it looks like the same camera, same lens, still no EVF. Probably they will add 4K and some software tweaks and will be good for another 3 years.

Reactions: JonathanWong

tron

EOS 5D SR
Nov 8, 2011
Maybe they could add GPS for those landscape photos but still this would impose a burden to its battery. But at least there would be a choice.

Reactions: Bahrd

mensaf

EOS M50
Aug 21, 2018
Washington, DC
Only a mic input will make me sell my RX100 VI for it. Kind of salty with how they've been dragging their feet on so many things, but happy with my jump to other manufacturers and now feel less tied to any one camera maker as a result.

Kit.

EOS 6D MK II
Apr 25, 2011
What is CCAPI?
Camera Control API. On-camera HTTP server with a well-defined publicly-available RESTful API.

Already implemented on EOS RP, Rebel SL3 and PowerShot SX70 HS.

(Not sure about SL3, though; haven't seen the offical announcement)

Last edited:

OremLK

I'm New Here
Jun 17, 2019
Seems likely that the best case is for them to tweak the lens design and make it a little sharper, like Ricoh did with the GR III. Most likely though it's the same exact lens.

Photorex

EOS RP
Nov 19, 2016
I would like to see a ruggedized G7X Mark III like the Olympus Tough TG-6 and pretty much the feature set of that Olympus + DPAF. Unfortunately the TG-6 has only a tiny sensor. TG-6 with 1" sensor would be really nice (doesn't necessarily need to have 20MPix, 12 MPix are fine).

Frank

Reactions: tron

slclick

PINHOLE
Dec 17, 2013
From the leaks it looks like the same camera, same lens, still no EVF. Probably they will add 4K and some software tweaks and will be good for another 3 years.
What makes you think it's a leaked shot? Many times the current version is used as the image for a rumor.