The Canon Rumors Buyer's Guide Launches

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
After much procrastination, we have finally launched the first version of the much requested Buyer’s Guide. The purpose of the Buyer’s Guide is help with buying decisions,  to learn a bit more about product cycles, buying options and related rumors.</p>
<p><strong>What do Buy, Neutral & Don’t Buy mean?</strong></p>

<ul>
<li><strong>Buy:</strong> New & current version, no replacement coming soon.</li>
<li><strong>Neutral:</strong> The camera or lens could be nearing the end of its product cycle.</li>
<li><strong>Don’t Buy:</strong> New version imminent, don’t buy if you want the latest and greatest.</li>
</ul>
<p>We plan to add new features slowly over the coming months to the Buyer’s Guide based on user feedback.</p>
<p><strong><a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/buyers-guide/">The Canon Rumors Buyer’s Guide</a></strong></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
<div style="font-size:0px;height:0px;line-height:0px;margin:0;padding:0;clear:both"></div>

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Corneria said:
Nice! Lent from MacRumors, huh? :)

Nope, stolen! I did talk to Arnold a while back to make sure it was ok. :)

Camera bodies line up along with computers as far as product cycles, lenses are a bit different and I'm still trying to figure out what will be useful for glass.

Upvote 0
Sep 25, 2010
Canon Rumors said:
lenses are a bit different and I'm still trying to figure out what will be useful for glass.

In your lens rumors posts you've often mentioned individual features, rather than the age of the design. Maybe you could start by compiling a list of specific features/attributes of lenses, then try to guess which drive upgrades. Clearly, IS and AF speed/accuracy are notable motivations to refresh a lens, and maybe video-oriented features, also.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Canon Rumors said:
Corneria said:
Nice! Lent from MacRumors, huh? :)

Nope, stolen! I did talk to Arnold a while back to make sure it was ok. :)

Camera bodies line up along with computers as far as product cycles, lenses are a bit different and I'm still trying to figure out what will be useful for glass.

I have found the Mac Rumors guide extremely helpful. I don't buy computers or electronic gadgets very often, so my diligence about product cycles and tendency to upgrade specs relate to that habit. Similarly for cameras. Right now I'm looking toward a 6D2, so that one is fairly obvious. If I do buy a FF, I know I'll be wanting to add some lenses. I don't have any EF lenses wider than 50mm. Thanks for this addition to the site.

Upvote 0
This is excellent! As a European resident, adding e.g. amazon.de with prices in euros would be very useful. Currently they even support the English language And if the CR site would get some additional earnings from there as well, all the better.

UK is slowly drifting away from Europe anyway, and may even leave the EU tax area in near future.

Upvote 0