The end of the 5D line?

Jul 21, 2010
Renaissance said:
Although, when taking the same photos with my friends, it appears my 5D lacks image quality compared to their fujis & sonys.

What's lacking? Low ISO DR? There are many reasons your friends may be getting better images that have nothing to do with the sensors.

Valvebounce said:
I think your letter to Canon complaints department ended up here by mistake!

No, it didn't...because:

Marsu42 said:
Why would Canon care when people keep buying? Obviously you shelled out ~$3000, so your complaint might fall on deaf ears :p

Upvote 0
Hi Arctic,

Where can I see the Porsche 918 Spyder shots you refer to? I'd love to take a look.

Best regards from Stuttgart

m said:
What do you want for your 5D3?
Could you please post some pictures?
What's the shutter count?

Have fun with your sony!

I have to agree, there's nothing like a picture of a Prius from a 5D.
I mean look at those shots of the 918 spyder, does that thing look awesome or what? - all shot with a 5D!
hybrid and 5D is a match made in heaven.
;D

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Renaissance said:
when taking the same photos with my friends, it appears my 5D lacks image quality compared to their fujis & sonys.

I'm going to reiterate a point made by PBD a while ago on an old thread; your friend's cameras may well be more 'amateur' orientated than the 5DIII, which is a true professionl camera not necessarily set up for instant gratification.
If that's how you feel you'd probably be better off with a fuji or Sony. It's no big deal; those cameras have been designed to appeal to a certain audience after all.

But 'end of the 5D line' ?
;D. ;D

Upvote 0
distant.star said:
This seems to be one more in a long line of posts that confuse personal preferences/needs with market realities.

On the other hand, current Canon brand market realities are so boring this it needs a troll thread to generate some interest beyond "7d2 [CR1]" and "35L2 [CR0]" :-o

Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Marsu42 said:
distant.star said:
This seems to be one more in a long line of posts that confuse personal preferences/needs with market realities.

On the other hand, current Canon brand market realities are so boring this it needs a troll thread to generate some interest beyond "7d2 [CR1]" and "35L2 [CR0]" :-o
;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0

m

Nov 24, 2012
KimH said:
Where can I see the Porsche 918 Spyder shots you refer to? I'd love to take a look.
m said:
I have to agree, there's nothing like a picture of a Prius from a 5D.
I mean look at those shots of the 918 spyder, does that thing look awesome or what? - all shot with a 5D!
hybrid and 5D is a match made in heaven.
;D

Sorry for teasing you, I just wanted to troll along a little, pointing out that there might be other important things, like subject matter.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Renaissance said:
Note: This letter has been received by Canon Inc. and is currently being taken into consideration.

"Consideration."

trash-can-1.jpg

Upvote 0