The forum has to be redone, What needs to stay?

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Mt Spokane.
I thought that was the problem a lot of people might be having, but a lot of the time it is the full reply with another reply nested.

Cheers, Graham.

Mt Spokane Photography said:
Valvebounce said:
Is it possible to make it more difficult for people to accidentally include their reply within a quote making it difficult to find that there is a reply! ::)

Cheers, Graham.

I get caught on that far too frequently, its because I selectively delete parts of the referenced post, and the cursor then stays where I left it.

I'm not sure there is a cure for my careless posting, I did it again with this post but caught it in time.

Upvote 0

hbr

Oct 22, 2016
Labdoc said:
Others may have said this but a like or thanks button would be useful. This is a camera site and folks post pics all the time. I like a lot of what's posted but refrain from posting a comment just to say "great pic". While a dislike button is of dubious utility, a quick way to show you like what you see would be very handy.

I have asked for the return of the like button. Hope we get it. As I posted before it just seems corny to keep saying, "Great picture." Plus the poster was able to see who liked it and how many times his picture was viewed.

Brian

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
hbr said:
Labdoc said:
Others may have said this but a like or thanks button would be useful. This is a camera site and folks post pics all the time. I like a lot of what's posted but refrain from posting a comment just to say "great pic". While a dislike button is of dubious utility, a quick way to show you like what you see would be very handy.

I have asked for the return of the like button. Hope we get it. As I posted before it just seems corny to keep saying, "Great picture." Plus the poster was able to see who liked it and how many times his picture was viewed.

Brian

My theory is that it was removed because it would not transfer to the new forum software, the database probably could not convert it. CR Guy has tried to convert to other forum software in the past, but found important features that did not convert. Its not easy to do.

Its probably not a good idea to change the forum with all the new members and high usage due to the new camera models. Things will slow down in a few weeks.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Labdoc said:

I agree.

Jack

Upvote 0