The most popular rental gear according to Lensrentals.com

crazydogrun

I'm New Here
Apr 15, 2016
But the 5D Mark III, when you can rent the Mark IV instead? Odd. I'd expect the expensive 5DSR before the III.

tmroper

EOS 80D
Sep 22, 2016
But the 5D Mark III, when you can rent the Mark IV instead? Odd. I'd expect the expensive 5DSR before the III.
Maybe the Mark IV was booked. I have a feeling a lot of these rentals are for video productions, which often have fixed production schedules.

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Maybe the Mark IV was booked. I have a feeling a lot of these rentals are for video productions, which often have fixed production schedules.
Maybe you already have a 5D3 and want another backup for an important event. And you want to use the same type.
Maybe you want to buy a 5D3 as it is much cheaper than the 4 and try it out first.
Maybe... ;-)

Last edited:

RGF

How you relate to the issue, is the issue.
Jul 13, 2012
wonder what the requests would look like. This might be hard to do since many people look on the website w/o requesting

RayValdez360

EOS RP
Jun 6, 2012
That list shows how video is very important according to almost everything on that list.. The funny thing to me is that imo the 24-70mm or both that and the 70-200mm might be the only items that is probably rented for photos more than video.