The New Forum Has Been Finalized

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS 1D MK II
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Part 1 of the Canon Rumors redevelopment will happen in 4-6 weeks time, and that being the new forum software and features. There will be lots of changes, upgrades and new ways of doing things. A lot of development and dollars will be going into this project. As with anything new, yes, you're going to have to relearn a couple of things. However, I think after 72 hours or so of using the new forum, you'll forget all about this one.

I've heard you loud and clear on what must remain, and I'll be sure to keep that stuff on the new forum.

Part 2 will be a redo of Canon Rumors 3-6 months down the line to tie all of this together much better.

I'll give you guys a few days notice before we go live with the new forum.

Have a great weekend.

pwp

EOS 5D MK IV
Oct 25, 2010
Looking forward to seeing what you've come up with. And hopefully it will deliver simplified backend management for you. Good luck!

-pw

slclick

Blessed Be The Fruit Loops
Dec 17, 2013
Post counts should start over so we can have a new race to CR Geek!

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
Canon Rumors said:
Part 1 of the Canon Rumors redevelopment will happen in 4-6 weeks time, and that being the new forum software and features. There will be lots of changes, upgrades and new ways of doing things. A lot of development and dollars will be going into this project. As with anything new, yes, you're going to have to relearn a couple of things. However, I think after 72 hours or so of using the new forum, you'll forget all about this one.

I've heard you loud and clear on what must remain, and I'll be sure to keep that stuff on the new forum.

Part 2 will be a redo of Canon Rumors 3-6 months down the line to tie all of this together much better.

I'll give you guys a few days notice before we go live with the new forum.

Have a great weekend.
Great! Make it better.

And thanks for all you do.

Scott

slclick

Blessed Be The Fruit Loops
Dec 17, 2013
Nelu said:
slclick said:
Post counts?
What about posts quality?
"Nice picture!"...is that a post?

Beavis: “Thinking sucks”
Butthead: “Work sucks, let’s go break something”
Yes it is, it's called a compliment and forums need more of that sort of sentiment. Take 'Click' for example, one of the nicest people around on CRF, always taking the time to let others know how they feel about the images. What's not quality about that? Does it always have to be the science behind sensors and mtf charts? Ugh, I hate that crap.

Click

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Thank you, slclick. I really appreciate your comment.

As I can see, it's very difficult to please everybody on the forum.

Valvebounce

EOS 5D SR
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
Was the changeover so smooth I missed it :eek: :eek: or are we still working up to it? The estimate given on Jan 26th of 4 to 6 week to going live is long gone!

Cheers, Graham.

dak723

EOS 6D MK II
Oct 26, 2013
slclick said:
Nelu said:
slclick said:
Post counts?

Yes it is, it's called a compliment and forums need more of that sort of sentiment. Take 'Click' for example, one of the nicest people around on CRF, always taking the time to let others know how they feel about the images. What's not quality about that? Does it always have to be the science behind sensors and mtf charts? Ugh, I hate that crap.
Well said!

jprusa

EOS RP
Apr 29, 2013
slclick said:
Nelu said:
slclick said:
Post counts?

+!

Mikehit

EOS 5D MK IV
Jul 28, 2015
Please....no autolinks to fb, twitter and other social pits. It slows things down horribly.

Fritz_us

I'm New Here
Aug 5, 2016
This is great news, best of luck and I imagine it is no small undertaking.

I must say, that I was just over at the CanonRumorsRUMORS forum and they've got a leak of the new forum login scheme. Apparently it's a revision of FaceID and Fingerprint id called "FACEPRINT" id.

To log into the new forum, we'll all press our faces against the monitor -- :eek:

The CanonRumorsRUMORS forum says the leak is a CRR1 so use customary caution.

ethanz

1DX II
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
Fritz_us said:
This is great news, best of luck and I imagine it is no small undertaking.

I must say, that I was just over at the CanonRumorsRUMORS forum and they've got a leak of the new forum login scheme. Apparently it's a revision of FaceID and Fingerprint id called "FACEPRINT" id.

To log into the new forum, we'll all press our faces against the monitor -- :eek:

The CanonRumorsRUMORS forum says the leak is a CRR1 so use customary caution.
I read on CanonRumorsRumors that the new forum will have improved DR and no one can look at themselves. Its a CRR3, so its legit.

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
I can not find the "start new topic" function anywhere....

How do I start a new topic now?

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
Jul 21, 2010
Don Haines said:
I can not find the "start new topic" function anywhere....

How do I start a new topic now?
I think you need a certain minimum number of posts to be able to start a thread of your own.

;)