The New Forum Has Been Finalized

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Part 1 of the Canon Rumors redevelopment will happen in 4-6 weeks time, and that being the new forum software and features. There will be lots of changes, upgrades and new ways of doing things. A lot of development and dollars will be going into this project. As with anything new, yes, you're going to have to relearn a couple of things. However, I think after 72 hours or so of using the new forum, you'll forget all about this one.

I've heard you loud and clear on what must remain, and I'll be sure to keep that stuff on the new forum.

Part 2 will be a redo of Canon Rumors 3-6 months down the line to tie all of this together much better.

I'll give you guys a few days notice before we go live with the new forum.

Have a great weekend.

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
Canon Rumors said:
Part 1 of the Canon Rumors redevelopment will happen in 4-6 weeks time, and that being the new forum software and features. There will be lots of changes, upgrades and new ways of doing things. A lot of development and dollars will be going into this project. As with anything new, yes, you're going to have to relearn a couple of things. However, I think after 72 hours or so of using the new forum, you'll forget all about this one.

I've heard you loud and clear on what must remain, and I'll be sure to keep that stuff on the new forum.

Part 2 will be a redo of Canon Rumors 3-6 months down the line to tie all of this together much better.

I'll give you guys a few days notice before we go live with the new forum.

Have a great weekend.

Great! Make it better.

And thanks for all you do.

Scott

Upvote 0

slclick

EOS 3
Dec 17, 2013
Nelu said:
slclick said:
Post counts should start over so we can have a new race to CR Geek!

Post counts?
What about posts quality?
"Nice picture!"...is that a post?

Beavis: “Thinking sucks”
Butthead: “Work sucks, let’s go break something”

Yes it is, it's called a compliment and forums need more of that sort of sentiment. Take 'Click' for example, one of the nicest people around on CRF, always taking the time to let others know how they feel about the images. What's not quality about that? Does it always have to be the science behind sensors and mtf charts? Ugh, I hate that crap.

Upvote 0
Oct 26, 2013
slclick said:
Nelu said:
slclick said:

Post counts?

Yes it is, it's called a compliment and forums need more of that sort of sentiment. Take 'Click' for example, one of the nicest people around on CRF, always taking the time to let others know how they feel about the images. What's not quality about that? Does it always have to be the science behind sensors and mtf charts? Ugh, I hate that crap.

Well said!

Upvote 0
slclick said:
Nelu said:
slclick said:

Post counts?

+!

Upvote 0
This is great news, best of luck and I imagine it is no small undertaking.

I must say, that I was just over at the CanonRumorsRUMORS forum and they've got a leak of the new forum login scheme. Apparently it's a revision of FaceID and Fingerprint id called "FACEPRINT" id.

To log into the new forum, we'll all press our faces against the monitor -- :eek:

The CanonRumorsRUMORS forum says the leak is a CRR1 so use customary caution.

Upvote 0

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
Fritz_us said:
This is great news, best of luck and I imagine it is no small undertaking.

I must say, that I was just over at the CanonRumorsRUMORS forum and they've got a leak of the new forum login scheme. Apparently it's a revision of FaceID and Fingerprint id called "FACEPRINT" id.

To log into the new forum, we'll all press our faces against the monitor -- :eek:

The CanonRumorsRUMORS forum says the leak is a CRR1 so use customary caution.

I read on CanonRumorsRumors that the new forum will have improved DR and no one can look at themselves. Its a CRR3, so its legit.

Upvote 0