Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p><strong>*UPDATE*</strong>

Last nights post was incorrect, we’re now told there will be indeed be a 750D along with a 760D and both cameras will be 24mp. This falls in line with <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2015/01/canon-eos-rebel-750d-spec-list-cr1/" target="_blank">what we were told a few weeks ago</a>.</p>
<p><strong>Canon Rebel 750D/760D Specifications</strong></p>
<ul>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Full HD movies, MP4 format, HDR movie, automatic shooting modes (EOS 750D )</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">24.2MP sensor and Canon’s DIGIC 6 image processor</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">ISO 100-12,800 range</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Flicker Detection technology</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Five frames per second continuous shooting mode</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">19 cross-type AF point system</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Hybrid CMOS AF III</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Rear Quick Control Dial (EOS 760D )</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Creative movie modes (EOS 760D )</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Wi-Fi and NFC</span></li>
</ul>
<p><strong>Original Post

</strong><del>We’re told the next Rebel will be called the EOS 760D instead of the 750D to avoid model name confusion with Nikon’s D750. This won’t affect Japan or North America, as they don’t use the xxxD naming scheme.</del></p>
<p><del>Surprisingly, no specs have surfaced.</del></p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Re: The New Rebel Will be Called the 760D

Canon Rumors said:
<p>We’re told the next Rebel will be called the EOS 760D instead of the 750D to avoid model name confusion with Nikon’s D750. This won’t affect Asia or North America, as they don’t use the xxxD naming scheme.</p>
<p>Surprisingly, no specs have surfaced.</p>
Considering the specs of D750 you would figure that Canon would want to have the 750D be confused with D750.

Upvote 0

KT said:
And have Nikon Corp cry bloody murder for deliberately confusing the customer

Nikon would not have a leg to stand on this, everybody knew that the next Rebel would be 750D. Canon could have complained about Nikon, D750 doen't exactly fit in Nikon's numbering scheme. Does Nikon even have a numbering scheme?

Upvote 0
Jan 21, 2015

Europa--JDM said:
I own a lot of Canon stuff and like it, but is another Rebel really necessary?
Yes if it means some new stuff like top-LCD (or maybe even some EVF/mirrorless things, that would be crazy!) and new xxMP or "new" 70D/7DII sensor. If it is the same as what, four rebels before then no thank you. :D

Upvote 0

Proscribo said:
Europa--JDM said:
I own a lot of Canon stuff and like it, but is another Rebel really necessary?
Yes if it means some new stuff like top-LCD (or maybe even some EVF/mirrorless things, that would be crazy!) and new xxMP or "new" 70D/7DII sensor. If it is the same as what, four rebels before then no thank you. :D

It makes sense from a marketing point of view, giving the average consumer access to the 'latest' technology and a reason to buy the newest model at a premium ::)

Upvote 0

Why should Canon change the name?
In many magazines you can read, that the D750 is a really good cam. So if a newbe see a 750D in the internet for less than half of the price of the D750, he will maybe buy it and will never notice, that he bought the wrong cam, because a newbe doesn't really needs the features of a cam. ;D

Upvote 0
Canon Rumors said:
<p><strong>*UPDATE*</strong>

Last nights post was incorrect, we’re now told there will be indeed be a 750D along with a 760D and both cameras will be 24mp. This falls in line with <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2015/01/canon-eos-rebel-750d-spec-list-cr1/" target="_blank">what we were told a few weeks ago</a>.</p>
<p><strong>Canon Rebel 750D/760D Specifications</strong></p>
<ul>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Full HD movies, MP4 format, HDR movie, automatic shooting modes (EOS 750D )</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">24.2MP sensor and Canon’s DIGIC 6 image processor</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">ISO 100-12,800 range</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Flicker Detection technology</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Five frames per second continuous shooting mode</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">19 cross-type AF point system</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Hybrid CMOS AF III</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Rear Quick Control Dial (EOS 760D )</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Creative movie modes (EOS 760D )</span></li>
<li class="p1"><span class="s1">Wi-Fi and NFC</span></li>
</ul>
<p><strong>Original Post

</strong><del>We’re told the next Rebel will be called the EOS 760D instead of the 750D to avoid model name confusion with Nikon’s D750. This won’t affect Japan or North America, as they don’t use the xxxD naming scheme.</del></p>
<p><del>Surprisingly, no specs have surfaced.</del></p>

Does that mean the only the Canon 760D will have top LCD and not the 750D?

Any news regarding the brand of the sensor?

Wonder what will be the prices in euros for the 750D and 760D, regading the prices for the 70D.

Upvote 0
Jan 3, 2014
OK, so now we have 2 versions of the new 5Ds and 2 versions of the new t6i. It seems to me that is going to cause confusion rather than giving the consumers more options. In purchasing one I would have to go through all the pros and cons of each rather than just "buying the darn thing". I mean who wants to second guess themselves after spending about $4K on the 5Ds or $1K on the t6i?

Upvote 0

PureClassA

Canon since age 5. The A1
CR Pro
Aug 15, 2014
Mandeville, LA
Shields-Photography.com
The 24MP sensor is what jumps out at me. That's a whole new animal for Canon. Did they make it? Did Sony? Did Nintendo?

We got a DPAF 20.2MP 70D, semi-flagship not long ago. Then the DPAF "tweaked up" 20.2MP 7D2 full flagship

And now along comes this lil' Rebel with 24MP??? Uhh-k.

Upvote 0

Tabor Warren Photography

I want to go shoot something with a Canon...
Feb 2, 2012
Tulsa, OK
www.photosbytabor.com
Is it weird that I love it when CR says that they were wrong? I think it shows a greater amount of character for the admin(s) to open an update informing everyone of the error rather than just erasing and/or updating the thread. Kudos Señor CR Guy! It's one of the many things that makes this forum great.

Cheers!
-Tabor

Upvote 0