The Next Camera Body From Canon Will Be.... [CR3]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>We’re told from one of our retail sources that the next camera body from Canon is going to be the Cinema EOS C200.</p>
<p><a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/canon-eos-6d-mark-ii-announcement-coming-in-july-cr2/">We posted recently that the Canon EOS 6D Mark II</a> would be coming some time in July, so this camera will likely be coming in the June/July timeframe.</p>
<p>Why wasn’t the Cinema EOS C200 announced for NAB? We’re not sure. We do wonder if availability of the camera will still be a few months down the road.</p>
<p>We do know that the EOS C200 will be 4K and we’re told that it’s “pretty loaded”, though the source wouldn’t elaborate on the full list of specifications.</p>
<p>We also don’t know if this is a replacement to the Cinema EOS C100 Mark II, or an addition to the Cinema EOS camera body lineup.</p>
<p><em>More to come….</em></p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>

Interesting Rumor. Someone in Hollywood mentioned "sort of" this to me a few weeks ago without a model number (which also was basically third hand so I didn't put much credence to it) but he told me a price point of $6,500 for a new 4K Cinema EOS Camera that's coming.

I hope they upgrade the bitrate/codec closer to the C300MKII because 4K without a decent codec would be a waste of time in my eyes.

Upvote 0

sigh

CR Pro
Jun 30, 2015
LAProducer said:
I hope they upgrade the bitrate/codec closer to the C300MKII because 4K without a decent codec would be a waste of time in my eyes.

Seeing as the XC10/15 both have the same XF-AVC codec from the C300 II, I think it is pretty safe to assume the C200 will also get that codec.

Be nice if it had a touchscreen.

Upvote 0

RunAndGun

CR Pro
Dec 16, 2011
CanoKnight said:
Panasonic has a similar model coming out later in the year ( an "affordable" version of the varicam LT (EF mount). Judging by the GH5, should be a killer body. Canon has only disappointed with dslr and "low end" cinema eos video, but I will reserve judgement.

Don't confuse/mislead people. It's doubtful the upcoming Panasonic will be a member of the VariCam family. They said it would be between the GH5 and VariCam LT. The official unveiling of it, btw, will be next month at CineGear.

Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2011
transpo1 said:
It would also be nice if they surprised us with a 5DC as some people want something small and compact that takes stills, too, but I won't hold my breath for that one...
Considering the massive devaluing of the 1D-C before its death, and C-log upgrade for the 5DIV, I really dont see where there is even room for a 5D-C. They'd have to make it nearly the price of the 5DIV for it to have any chance, but, at that point a GH5, speedbooster, and XLR attachment would give you more functionality for much cheaper.

That said, it would be smart of Canon to start thinking of accessories they can implement to match Panasonic and Sony. Unfortunately, I think they'd rather sell you a C100 for $2999 than offer $399 XLR adapter for one of their DSLRs

Upvote 0
A 4k C200 would have to be around $6k to be competitive IMO. Still, I wouldn't buy it at that price. I own 2x C100's and 1x C100 Mk II and the highest I paid for any one of them was $3,200.

In regards to a hybrid body, Canon's model just isn't designed to give a stellar stills & video cam in the same body.
And they don't appear to be working to change that.

Upvote 0
I'm sure retail hopes the C100 line does not end since they are decent sellers at a semi-affordable price point for many people. The C300Mk2 functionality is what most people want, at the C100Mk2 price. Until that gap closes more significantly, there will be a lot of dissatisfied customers out there.

Those that are suggesting a GH5 is equal to any full-frame camera really need to use a GH5. It's not a full-frame camera and never will be. Micro Four Thirds has many benefits, but being a full-frame 35mm sensor is not one of them. It's not even really Super 35mm until you add adapters. Native it's closer to Super 16mm.

Worth mentioning, a 5DC style camera that used the full sensor in 4K mode (not like the crop mode on the 5D4) could close this gap and offer something innovative that really is not out there right now.

Upvote 0
bsbeamer said:
I'm sure retail hopes the C100 line does not end since they are decent sellers at a semi-affordable price point for many people. The C300Mk2 functionality is what most people want, at the C100Mk2 price. Until that gap closes more significantly, there will be a lot of dissatisfied customers out there.

Those that are suggesting a GH5 is equal to any full-frame camera really need to use a GH5. It's not a full-frame camera and never will be. Micro Four Thirds has many benefits, but being a full-frame 35mm sensor is not one of them. It's not even really Super 35mm until you add adapters. Native it's closer to Super 16mm.

Worth mentioning, a 5DC style camera that used the full sensor in 4K mode (not like the crop mode on the 5D4) could close this gap and offer something innovative that really is not out there right now.

Completely agree that most want c300mkII specs at c100 price point. Everyone else seems to be delivering close to this. fs5/7 etc.

I didn't see anyone equate to gh4 to full frame, furthermore there is no FF camera anywhere near the GH5 pricepoint that has decent rolling shutter. A7sII and even 5DmkIV suffer from horrible jello!

A LOT of people using the GH4/5 are using the metabones, myself included. This does give you super 35 DOF and FOV.

Then let's talk about xlr for $399, check!
Timecode, check
10bit 422 4K internal, check
10bit 422 4K 60p output to inferno, check
Anamorphic mode, check

Please point me to another camera $2000 and or under that can do these things
Oh, don't forget to add 5axis in body stabilization, electronic stabilization(minimal cropping) which can all be added together with native lens stabilization if you happen to be using native glass.

Whatever comes out between the GH5 and Varicam LT is GOING TO KICK ASS!!!!!

Upvote 0
This is the Canon EOS C200.

Source: NokiS___a Camera https://twitter.com/nokiS___a_c/status/869176317442273281

index.php

index.php

Upvote 0
Mt Spokane Photography said:
RandomRazr said:
if the canon 6D II comes out, would it have lesser features then the 5d IV?

Yes. Its a entry level FF. Still, it will be fine for those who do not need or use the high end features of the 5D MK IV. Some things may be improved, but just minor items.

yeah im on the fence whether to go all out on the 5d IV or wait for the 6D II.

i just sold my 70D and im ready to jump to full frame / video

Upvote 0