The predicted first half of 2019 Canon product announcement roadmap

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
The rumor mill has slowed considerably since the launch of the EOS R system, which was to be expected. There are no more Canon cameras or lenses being announced for the rest of 2018. I suspect we’re going to see more emphasis from Canon on rebates and deals for Black Friday and the Christmas shopping season.
We should start seeing announcements almost immediately in 2019.

CES – Las Vegas, USA // January 8, 2019 – January 11, 2019
We think we’re finally going to see a replacement for the Canon PowerShot G7 X Mark II for CES in January. We’re told this camera will be able to shoot 4K with DPAF. We may also see another G series PowerShot camera, but details have been scarce so far.
We may also see some other unique camera products, such as this 360-degree camera.
We do not expect any ILC announcements for ahead of this show.
CP+ – Yokohama, Japan // February 28, 2019 – March 3, 2019
This tends...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2011
With the Olympics coming up in 2020, are we going to start seeing Canon 8K components and lenses? I think that all the major Camera manufacturers have committed to 8K for the Olympics.

Its possible that the 8K cameras will still be more prototype than production, but there seems to be a lot of silence about Canon 8K products. Canon lenses are usually used for broadcast at the Olympics, even on Sony cameras, so it seems that its time for 8K lenses to start appearing or at least development announcements.

Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2018
i can already hear the internet whimpering start for "8k has to be in every STILLS camera too" ... o_O

It will be interesting to see what Canon does in terms of crop mirrorslappers. "90D" yes or no ... or total shift to mirrorfree EOS M ... looking forward to a new "flagship" EOS M [M5 successor], hope it is fully competitive with Fuji XT3 and upcoming next Sony A#### model. If so, 7D III can stay "on hold" for a long time. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2011
An RF ILC Cinema EOS body would be great, but in order for it to add value to the marketplace, it would have to record 4K 60p 10-bit internally. And I just don't see Canon cannibalizing the rest of their cinema lineup with a camera that is 4K 60p sitting below the C200/300 due to their conservative nature. But, as usual, I hope I'm wrong.

Upvote 0
Jan 12, 2011
i can already hear the internet whimpering start for "8k has to be in every STILLS camera too" ... o_O

It will be interesting to see what Canon does in terms of crop mirrorslappers. "90D" yes or no ... or total shift to mirrorfree EOS M ... looking forward to a new "flagship" EOS M [M5 successor], hope it is fully competitive with Fuji XT3 and upcoming next Sony A#### model. If so, 7D III can stay "on hold" for a long time. :)

Who knows? It might even have Sony's X-T3 sensor :)

Upvote 0
Nothing much to look forward to then if this is the extent of announcements. GX7 mkIII seems about the only reasonable release.

So we have no idea about 5Ds replacement, 200-600 which looks to be vapourware, 135L replacement, 7DIII, 300 f/2.8, 500 f/4 updates, 1DXIII and so on, but a remote possibility of a Sony sensor in a possible APS-C mirrorless that has no time frame.

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia

I dont see peopel caring about 8k. Barely any 8k tvs, the difference in quality might small to the eyes, the requirements in storage and processing will greatly increase making it expensive to handle.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
With the Olympics coming up in 2020, are we going to start seeing Canon 8K components and lenses? I think that all the major Camera manufacturers have committed to 8K for the Olympics.

Its possible that the 8K cameras will still be more prototype than production, but there seems to be a lot of silence about Canon 8K products. Canon lenses are usually used for broadcast at the Olympics, even on Sony cameras, so it seems that its time for 8K lenses to start appearing or at least development announcements.
What is an 8K lens?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
What is an 8K lens?
Lenses with resolution characteristics to meet broadcast standards for 8K Video. They exist for cinema, but for broadcast, 4K lenses are still emerging. We are talking very expensive lenses, well over $200K USD, not what we'd buy for a stills camera. A 8 -1000mm zoom with built-in 2X TC seems like a fantasy to those of us who think that the 200-400mm L mm is a expensive super zoom. Canon has HDTV lenses and has created a fair number of 4K UHD lenses, next will be 8K.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/...ast/4k-uhd-field-box-lenses/uhd-digisuper-122

These lenses are used with Sony Cameras more often than not, even Canon's video shows it mounted to a Sony. So, I expect Sony and Panasonic cameras with Canon 8K lenses for the Olympics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
The only thing I want to see on this list is the 7d3(or replacement as good as). And it isn't there.
I too am wanting a new 7D3. mine has already failed once (power circut off to CPS) to be repaired and had to have shutter replaced 200k. Hope 2019 will start hearing more.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0