The Sony user pile on.

No. My ID is my name. Turns out he is also a moderator for the group. He deleted 2 of my remarks and left 2, then restricted my ability to post at all. I assume it was him, anyway. So I am apparently banned from posting, but not from the group. The guy who runs the page... I'll see him Saturday at a workshop he's doing. He's also a Sony shooter, but I find it hard to believe it was him. I'll talk to him about it. He's a real nice guy. I looked up Sony's page about ambassadors. They have them for local areas all over the world. I could not find a comprehensive list. I thought something was up because I have had a few photos just disappear from the group. I always list what I shot the photo with and the model's name just like I do here. I guess having posts deleted by a Sony Ambassador is flattering. Especially photos. ;) That's how I choose to see it.

Which posts did I delete? I have the admin actions of the group for the last to weeks. I'm more than happy to post them. Didn't remove a single photo of yours.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Which posts did I delete? I have the admin actions of the group for the last to weeks. I'm more than happy to post them. Didn't remove a single photo of yours.
You signed up just for this? Yes you did. Cyber stalk much? You deleted my post right before your last response. You deleted my first post, I believe, about whether the guy should choose which colors he liked best.. I advocated neither way. I never brought up color science as you folks said I did. You guys did. You piled on after my innocuous comment that NEVER advocated he get one camera or another. A bit childish on your part. That's sad. I never said anything against Sony, just that I also did not enjoy the ergonomics. So please, crawl back under your rock. You are a great photographer. I am not. Your work speaks for itself. Being so insecure as to allowing others to express personal decisions is just plain wrong. If you didn't do it, then one of the other admins did. You, however, were the main culprit. So just knock it off. BTW: Thanks for coming around and corroborating my story. You guys can't help yourselves. Now you sign up here to stir the pot even more. Leave me alone. Ignored.

***Hmmmm, I wonder how he found out about this thread? Glad he didn't deny the pile on nor the taking away of my ability to post further.

*I'd also like to add that there are posts missing from his screen shot, from what I remember. I'd not have quit the group otherwise. I enjoyed the group. My ability to post anywhere at all in the group was taken away, not because comments were turned off for this section. The time he locked the thread is also not there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
wel.. just strictly on the subject. yes. Sony " Colour Magic" can be fixed in POST. not with a simple White Balance Temperature + Green/Magenta slides though!

the issue is that Sony files emphasise the Green area of the spectrum where Canon files favour the REDS. It would have to be a Curve base correction.. time consuming unless X-Rite ColorChecker was used on the shoot and camera profile was created.. still. what happens if I need a quick JPEG OOC? I seriously dislike the SONY look. I am sorry. RIsking to sound elitistic but not many people even see this. not even many photographers.

Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Wow....if that kinda of discussion got users banned, CR forum wouldn't exist.
:ROFLMAO: That wasn't all of it. He had screen shots of the thread posted here yesterday, but they were after he'd (In my opinion he did it. I can't prove it. Could have been another admin.) deleted things. The screen shots were taken after deletions and after the locking of the thread. He did lock the thread. In my opinion, that's why we get trolled so much over here. Patrolling of the forum by the (in my opinion) fanatics.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ozarker

CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Can we send Harry over there just for a day? That will teach them a lesson or two... :)
He's CRANKING up the Liberty Bell NOW! ;)

*At the very least, Harry is entertaining and seems really smart to a dummy like me.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0