The upcomming Dead of EOS DSLR / EF-line

Jul 21, 2010
Haha, poor guy. You have found a good example. I think that electronic failures are often in ways that we don’t expect.
So true! Some time back, two of the lights on my car's dashboard were lit (brake indicator flashing, traction control indicator on). The diagnostic codes (remember life before those, when you didn't need a computer to fix your car?) indicated a steering angle sensor problem, but replacing that didn't correct the lights, nor did addressing the next code (O2 sensor, IIRC). It turned out to be a problem with the remote engine start. Go figure.

Upvote 0
Electronically-controlled faucets, toilet valves, and door locks have been available for years. How prevalent are they in homes today?

During my trip to Japan this year I noticed almost all the toilets Electronic. One might think the US is technologically behind from this observation.

Personally I prefer the American Standard Champion 4, it eats golf balls, is self scrubbing and has the slow close lid. Most importantly if the power goes off the bathroom will not stink for hours because I do not know where the manual over ride is.

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
Actually I think a lot of us enthusiasts change gear more than many pros...pro means you make a living with your camera, and the pros I know often keep using older (not ancient) gear longer than I do because it works well, causes no problems and still makes then money...you still see a lot of 5d3 and even 5d2’s shooting weddings.

A few years ago I've seen a wedding photographers with an EF 28–80mm f/2.8-4L mounted on his camera. Apparently they were happier with the photos than they were with each other...

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
You don't know anything about the future of EF - it would be appreciated if you didn't present yourself as someone with a unique insight.

The fact is that nobody but Canon knows what the future holds. Whether you or CanonFanBoy prove to be right will be nothing to do with naivete and everything to do with lucky guesswork.
He was being funny, Keith. Or that's how I took it.

Upvote 0