The Updated Canon Rumors Site & Forum Will Launch Sunday Evening (EST)

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi CR Guy.
Can we perhaps have both the custom tag and the camera / lens status incremental score thing, I liked that at times I would find a new camera or lens in my status, the nearest I am likely to get to these items! If not I may have to delete the custom text.
Not an urgent thing, if you could just have a look when you have caught up with all the important stuff.

Cheers, Graham.

The descriptor under that field states, “If specified, this will replace the title that displays under your name in your posts.” Looks like they’ve activated the module that replaces Member/Active Member with camera models that increment up based on post count (just like the old forum), but that can be superseded by the custom title field (if that’s blank, you get the default label).

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Hi CR Guy.
Can we perhaps have both the custom tag and the camera / lens status incremental score thing, I liked that at times I would find a new camera or lens in my status, the nearest I am likely to get to these items! If not I may have to delete the custom text.
Not an urgent thing, if you could just have a look when you have caught up with all the important stuff.

Cheers, Graham.

You can edit that under "Account Details" at the top right by entering something in "Custom Title".

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Jumping in this thread late, so apologies if this was addressed earlier. Why are some photos (inside threads) now only showing as thumbnails with a slide box around while others still show full size? I was specifically looking at the thread Ungulates In The Wild.

That's likely a function of issues when converting from SMF to XenForo. Some images may have been directly in forum posts, and others used SMF gallery.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi CR Guy.
Yes but it seems to be an either custom title or camera rating situation, I had custom text and it didn’t show my camera rating, I now have no custom text and my 5DS R camera rating status is back, I would like the choice of one, the other or both at some point if at all possible but it is definitely a small would like rather than a need it now thing so I’m not looking to add to your stress, you are doing a great job for which I thank you.

Cheers, Graham.

You can edit that under "Account Details" at the top right by entering something in "Custom Title".

Upvote 0
That's likely a function of issues when converting from SMF to XenForo. Some images may have been directly in forum posts, and others used SMF gallery.
So is the thumbnail with slide box going to be the default now? (Personally I prefer the old way where images were large.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Is there some optimum size to use when posting a picture? When I've posted before (always linking to a location in my web site), I've created a JPEG for that purpose or point to one I already created for the web. They turn out to be shown on this board and ginormous blow ups, somewhat defeating the purpose of posting illustrative 100% crops.

Or would I be better off posting the thumbnail method (however one does that), and maybe people will see the picture at actual size when they click?

Upvote 0
I think I see how the new system for photos works and will attempt to test it now with two photos (text overlaid to show how it was attached). First is using the small photo symbol on top bar which says "insert image" when you scroll over. This I think should place the photo large in the box. Second is using the red box on bottom that says "attach files." This I think should place the photos as a thumbnail.
cr insert.jpg

Attachments

• cr attach.jpg
    cr attach.jpg
    592.8 KB · Views: 278
Upvote 0