There is still hope for new DSLR news... Kenji Kyuma speaks on Feb. 10 at 10am

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KWSW

osuperduke said:
I just found out that it is 12:16pm Thursday 10 in Yokohama Japan, that means the Canon presention is over, does anyone have any news...plaease, I am going nuts to know what happend. Help Meeeeeeee :eek:

Anyone? although i got this feeling i can expect nothing much in terms of new DSLR bodies...

Then again I would love to be proven wrong with a new 5DmkIII or 3D or even 1DsmkIV or something... ::)

Upvote 0

Admin US West

CR Pro
Nov 30, 2010
osuperduke said:
I still hold on to the hope that something nice is coming from Canon, keep your ears pasted to the rail. :D Is anyone in this forum going to attend Canon's presentation at CP+ given by Kenji Kyuma? If so, gives us the best dirt you can get.

Fingers Crossed. :)

The seminars and presentations at CP Plus are NOT forums to advertise or to announce new products. This IS NOT a Canon presentation. New product announcements are made at press conferences that are called usually in advance of the actual trade show, and then the company exibits in the trade show hall will show samples, photos, mockups, and literature about new products announced before the show.

I've been to many such seminars. Presentations are vetted by a group of reviewers to make sure no trade secrets are revealed. There is skill involved in pulling the information together into a interesting presentation that summarizes the current state of the art and challanges presented for the future. We all know what they are, but a good technical paper can at least assure you that the photography industry knows it as well, and is hopefully doing something to address the issue.

4. Full HD movie function in DSLR cameras
○Kenji Kyuma (Canon Inc.)
Presentation about the current state and future evolution of the movie function in DLSR cameras, illustrated with examples of applications in both the Japanese domestic market and the international market.
1. Characteristics of the movie function in DSLR cameras (advantages/limitations, recording format, image compression, frame rate, etc.)
2. Examples of applications (TV series, Commercials, Promotional Videos)
3. Future evolution of the movie function in DSLR cameras

Upvote 0
O

osuperduke

Thanks for your response, but my hope sprang from the idea that a well known Canon insider like Kenji Kyuma (holder of many patents and inventor for Canon, an individual that is tied in with many of Canon's patents too) would reveal something special, again it was hope. I would like to know if his seminar was streamed or recorded becasue if you know who Kenji Kyuma is then you understand where my hope is coming from. I like to say that Kenji Kyuma is a very big part of Canon DSLR's

Thanks for you insight.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Sorry, but scalesusa is right. I work for a large corporation, and no matter how highly placed someone within the organization is, or how much inside knowledge they have, any presentation to the public is always fully vetted by legal and intellectual property teams prior to the presentations. For me, any time I'm invited to speak publicly I need to submit my presentation materials 3 weeks ahead of time for internal review. The only 'proprietary' information that gets left in is what the IP lawyers call "teaching away" meaning it's information that actually points people in the wrong direction.

Upvote 0
Aug 11, 2010
I'm going to agree with neuro. in my experience, and NDA is an NDA is an NDA.

scales is also correct in that, if canon were going to announce anything, they would have announced it prior to the show opening. that increases the draw to the show of people specifically coming to see their products. if you don't let people know you're going to unveil something ... nobody comes to see the unveiling. sort of self-defeating. at the very least, the company would drop specific hints as to the fact that they're doing an unveiling, if they're trying not to give away the whole trick beforehand (from what I've seen, auto shows have this happen quite a bit, but then again they're also pretty lousy with leaks, so it's never a total surprise)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.