These are the official ship dates for the recently announced Canon cameras and lenses

SteveC

M50 & T6i
Sep 3, 2019
Nuh, I would rather two hot shoes side by side : top left and top right, approx. 6cm gap in between them.
I seriously don’t understand how Canon didn’t think about the second hot shoe.
Could be useful for lefties as well.
And where would you put the controls?

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
And where would you put the controls?
Nuh, not suggesting interfere with controls. Get rid of pop up flash or make it half as wide instead. this will afford plenty of room for a second hot shoe. Just look at a photo of m6 II top down and you will see where I am coming from. I hope it explains

SteveC

M50 & T6i
Sep 3, 2019
Nuh, not suggesting interfere with controls. Get rid of pop up flash or make it half as wide instead. this will afford plenty of room for a second hot shoe. Just look at a photo of m6 II top down and you will see where I am coming from. I hope it explains
You'd end up with a hot shoe on the left (where the flash was), and the hot shoe in the middle (rather than on the right). That'd be OK (or alternatively, keep the popup and put the hot shoe on top of it). I really wouldn't want to move all the controls to the center.

But from Canon's point of view, really, the cheapest thing to do is just come out with an EVF with a hot shoe on top of it.

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
You'd end up with a hot shoe on the left (where the flash was), and the hot shoe in the middle (rather than on the right). That'd be OK (or alternatively, keep the popup and put the hot shoe on top of it). I really wouldn't want to move all the controls to the center.

But from Canon's point of view, really, the cheapest thing to do is just come out with an EVF with a hot shoe on top of it.
No sorry. I suggested to remove pop up flash and replace with hot shoe. No repositioning controls.
Hot shoe on top of evf is not a great idea. At all. Sorry.

SteveC

M50 & T6i
Sep 3, 2019
No sorry. I suggested to remove pop up flash and replace with hot shoe. No repositioning controls.
Then I misunderstood you--I thought you wanted one hot shoe on each upper corner of the camera, rather than one on the left and one in the center. OK, now I understand you.

How about this? Replace the popup flash with a popup viewfinder, and use the center (and only) hot shoe for a flash. (Of course, maybe you want a popup flash a lot; I personally have little use for one and generally just disable the flash in my settings since the built in kind seem to ruin more pictures than they help. But your situation and tastes aren't mine.)

Last edited:

koenkooi

EOS 7D MK II
Feb 25, 2015
What I'd really like is a builtin RT transmitter. And RT support in all Canon flashes.

Sep 5, 2018
Adorama was very unhelpful to me as well. I got no information about my preorder and don’t even know if it’ll ship on the 12th even though I ordered on announcement day.
I ordered a 90D body on announcement day from Adorama too. Hoping to get some good news today.

koenkooi

EOS 7D MK II
Feb 25, 2015
I was told yesterday by Canon reps it would leave their warehouse on the 28th. So we're hearing two different stories here.
So I asked what they meant with "on the way" and it turns out that it means "before the end of the month", which lines up with what you were told.

SteveC

M50 & T6i
Sep 3, 2019
So I asked what they meant with "on the way" and it turns out that it means "before the end of the month", which lines up with what you were told.
On the other hand...the press release says the 26th for both the M6 II and everything else (except the 90D). The 28th is a Saturday, so I tend to believe he was wrong about the exact date.

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
Aug 26, 2014
My dealer has promised me a 90D next week. Wait for the first real “hands on”.
My husband's 90D arrives tonight and he's out of town. What should I do?!? :rolleyes::p
Catherine

digigal

Traveling the world one step at a time.
Aug 26, 2014
My husband ordered it a few wks ago when it was announced from BH and it was shipped yesterday from NJ (we're in CA)

Dec 26, 2015
I got my 90D yesterday. I took it to a high school football game and just goofed around with it. I'm having a lot of fun with it. It's a big upgrade from my SL1 and T5.

Reactions: flip314 and SteveC