Three new RF prime lenses coming in early 2020 [CR2]

jd7

CR Pro
Feb 3, 2013
The RF 24-105mm f4L IS USM may look marginally better than the EF 24-105mm f4L IS USM II on test charts but the reality is this lens is superior in every way to its cousin. More flat field, less vignetting, sharper and better bokeh. Mechanically it is better made and now adds the custom ring.
I would never use the EF version for portraits but the RF version is a great portrait lens.
That's an interesting comment! The RF 24-105 is the only one of the released RF lenses I might actually buy (if I bought an EOS R). The size, weight and cost puts me off most of the others, especially since I'm happy with lenses such as my existing Sigma Arts. And I'm not overly impressed by what I've seen of the RF 35. We'll see about the recently announced RF lenses once they are available. Anyway, if the RF 24-105 makes a decent portrait lens, that would certainly help convince me it's worth getting. Do you have any portraits with the RF 24-105 you can share, by any chance? I've seen a few on Flickr but not sure how much you can tell about the lens from them.

Upvote 0