Timeline for S95 successor + accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gridmonkey

Hi all,

I'm in a quandary with regard to the S95 successor. It looks like it will be announced in mid-September.

I need a camera, plus a housing suitable for diving (along the lines of the WP-DC38) in time for my vacation on Sep 30.

I really hate to fork over my hard-earned cash on an S95 if it's going to be replaced by a new model in a matter of days... But I'm guessing the new camera + case will not be widely available in time for my trip. Am I wrong?

Once the announcement hits, how long do you suppose it will take for these items to make their way to retail?

G

gridmonkey

Mt Spokane Photography said:
There is no S95 replacement, only rumors. No one knows, so you can not get a answer that is certain. You can buy a refurb S95 (if you are in the USA) at the Canon outlet. Then, if a new one arrives later this year, your value won't tale a big hit. Don't expect a S95 replacement to be much different.

Oh I realize nothing is certain, but if the rumors don't pan out then my course of action is dead obvious---I pick up the S95 + housing on Sep 25 and go on my merry way.

So assume for the sake of argument that the rumors are true and the announcement is coming mid-September. From what I can tell, when the S95 was announced last year it looks like people got a hold of it pretty quickly (within about a week). I'm just wondering if that's typical for Canon. Also I have no idea how long it takes for the new housings to show up at retail. If anyone could take an educated guess I'd be much obliged.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.