Tonights Announcements [CR2]

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS 1D MK II
Jul 20, 2010
7,580
311
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; margin: 70px 0 0 0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/08/tonights-announcements/"></g:plusone></div><div id="fb_share_1" style="float: right; margin: 0 -50px 0 10px;"><a name="fb_share" type="box_count" share_url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/08/tonights-announcements/" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">Share</a></div><div><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/08/tonights-announcements/"></a></div>
<strong>PowerShot

For the moment, everything is pointing to new PowerShots being announced tonight.</strong></p>
<p>Here’s a list for a few more coming.</p>
<ul>
<li>IXUS 1000 Replacement, 28mm Wide, HS & DIGIC IV</li>
<li>IXUS 130 Replacement, Cheap, DIGIC IV</li>
<li>New camera between the IXUS 220 & 310, 8x, HS & DIGIC IV</li>
</ul>
<p>We should see these announced tonight.</p>
<p><strong>New DSLR?</strong>

The next one is coming in October, more on that later.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>
 

awinphoto

EOR R
Aug 26, 2010
2,090
0
www.reno-photography.com
LetTheRightLensIn said:
Wow, kind of shocked the new P&S are still using digic iv.
More than shocked. Is Digic V still not ready yet then?
Somehow I dont think they would want their new processer debuted on a P & S. I'm sure they would rather tout a new processor on a new camera, anyone hear of the 5d mark 3 or 1ds mark iv/v????
 

bornshooter

Love L series glass
Jul 13, 2011
702
0
scotland
www.flickr.com
awinphoto said:
LetTheRightLensIn said:
Wow, kind of shocked the new P&S are still using digic iv.
More than shocked. Is Digic V still not ready yet then?
Somehow I dont think they would want their new processer debuted on a P & S. I'm sure they would rather tout a new processor on a new camera, anyone hear of the 5d mark 3 or 1ds mark iv/v????
i agree theres no way they would announce there new processor with a p&s that will come with one of the big buys probably a 1 series 1st then hopefully a couple of days later the 5D mk3 :D
 
J

JasonM

Guest
Totally agree with the view that they wouldn't announce DIGIC5 on the new P&S cameras. In fact, DIGIC4 is still probably more than enough processing power for all the P&S so they may have produced a huge stockpile or will continue to manufacture it for a while to differentiate lower end cameras and they'd still need it for the 7D and lower DSLRs until such time as they announce a 7D2, etc.
 

LuCoOc

EOS 80D
Feb 7, 2011
153
0
Canon Rumors said:
For the moment, everything is pointing to new PowerShots being announced tonight.
An announcment tonight and no CR3?!

Canon Rumors said:
The next one is coming in October, more on that later.
Sounds good :p I hope there finally arrived some hints from known sources (any preproduction models around?) ;D

akiskev said:
NO DIGIC V?
I can't find Canon putting it's latest innovation into a model where neither most users don't care about it nor it is neccessary. As far as I recall the 1D series where the ones to receive the new processor with (I think) the 50D beeing an exeption (1D III came shortly after)
 

pedro

EOS 6D MK II
Jul 21, 2010
1,015
0
Well, let's see what will happen in London then 8)

http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/cameras/Canon_rumours.html
 

gmrza

EOS 7D MK II
Jan 21, 2011
521
1
LuCoOc said:
I can't find Canon putting it's latest innovation into a model where neither most users don't care about it nor it is neccessary. As far as I recall the 1D series where the ones to receive the new processor with (I think) the 50D beeing an exeption (1D III came shortly after)
True - and as has been pointed out, most P&S don't need anything more than the DIGIC IV at the moment.

Things probably point to a new processor in a 1DV or 1DsIV. I doubt we would see the 5DIII before at least one of these is launched.

If the rumours about a full frame 1DV are true, then an interesting approach would be for Canon to launch the 1DV, which would give sports shooters and studio pros what they need, but allude to something bigger coming, and launch the 1DsIV a few months later, then a 5DIII after the dust has settled. Of course, we are all just speculating. If you add a 7DII after the 5DIII, that gives Canon a year's worth of high end DSLR announcements and the opportunity to create a lot of hype.
 

LetTheRightLensIn

EOS 5D SR
Apr 19, 2011
4,761
1
awinphoto said:
LetTheRightLensIn said:
Wow, kind of shocked the new P&S are still using digic iv.
More than shocked. Is Digic V still not ready yet then?
Somehow I dont think they would want their new processer debuted on a P & S. I'm sure they would rather tout a new processor on a new camera, anyone hear of the 5d mark 3 or 1ds mark iv/v????
AFAIK they have often had new digic appear in something small first.
 

LetTheRightLensIn

EOS 5D SR
Apr 19, 2011
4,761
1
gmrza said:
LuCoOc said:
I can't find Canon putting it's latest innovation into a model where neither most users don't care about it nor it is neccessary. As far as I recall the 1D series where the ones to receive the new processor with (I think) the 50D beeing an exeption (1D III came shortly after)
True - and as has been pointed out, most P&S don't need anything more than the DIGIC IV at the moment.

Things probably point to a new processor in a 1DV or 1DsIV. I doubt we would see the 5DIII before at least one of these is launched.

If the rumours about a full frame 1DV are true, then an interesting approach would be for Canon to launch the 1DV, which would give sports shooters and studio pros what they need, but allude to something bigger coming, and launch the 1DsIV a few months later, then a 5DIII after the dust has settled. Of course, we are all just speculating. If you add a 7DII after the 5DIII, that gives Canon a year's worth of high end DSLR announcements and the opportunity to create a lot of hype.
they could use digic v for higher quality video (the P&S and maybe better AF and in cam CA removal which might be good since lots of the P&S get shot jpg only)
 

LetTheRightLensIn

EOS 5D SR
Apr 19, 2011
4,761
1
"New DSLR?
The next one is coming in October, more on that later"

Wait? What?!! You tell us stuff about P&S whatever and then leave the DSLR hints for.... LATER?
ack!
ack!
hah
 
J

Jakes

Guest
SX40 IS???? or even just features that will come with it, should it be released september/october?
 

LetTheRightLensIn

EOS 5D SR
Apr 19, 2011
4,761
1
I don't even see these tonight. CR must've gotten punked by a CR2 source now.
Maybe Canon is trying to find out the last of their moles by feeding disinformation or something and keeping really tight lips about the next cams this time.
 
T

thenickdude

Guest
Announcement has now been made:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/about_canon/newsroom?pageKeyCode=pressreldetail&docId=0901e024803780ca