Too Many Lenses

Actually, it depends on the intended use.

Someone who makes a living with photography will need some lenses for specific situations. This avoids feeling inferior to a customer: "I do not have the equipment I need to do this job." :-[

If you only shoot for fun, the only requirement should be your personal taste, right? ??? But how do you feel accomplished with a 70-200 F2.8 at the zoo, and see Uncle Ted photographing the fly on the gorilla's nose with his superzoom? :p

Whatever the purpose of your photography, it is better to have things that you actually use, to sell what is left for several months just by taking dust off the shelf.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
This might be enough.

EF_lense_tcm14-1618640.jpg

At least, until Canon launches a new one.

Upvote 0
ethanz said:
neuroanatomist said:
This might be enough.

EF_lense_tcm14-1618640.jpg

At least, until Canon launches a new one.

I'm sure you make enough, you could complete your set. It looks like you are only missing a few.

You are forgetting about adding Sigma Art lenses, along with Canon's new lenses, and the Tamron SP lenses. Add an Irix, and a Laowa and you'll be set! ;)

Upvote 0
Feb 15, 2015
LF Schneider XLs indeed! also Rodenstock, or Sinar.
Then there are the co-opted lenses such as a EL Nikkor 80 mm for UV reflectance. And the Coastaloptics version, that I am contemplating. I do clean out the closet with stuff I don't use anymore. Almost all my C/Y Zeisses are gone (except the 16 mm F-Distagon), and replaced with EOS mount versions. But if it works, and I use it once in a blue moon, I keep it.
Don't know how many lenses I've rotated through; guess around 50 or so. I currently have about 13 SLR lenses (all primes), and about 7 LF (one is the Nikkor-T360/500/720 triple convertible) lenses, plus three stereomicroscope lenses, and five compound microscope lenses for my personal scopes.

Upvote 0