Topaz Labs DeNoise AI

mikekeck

EOS T7i
Mar 14, 2018
Texas
Anyone using Topaz Labs DeNoise AI? I am playing with it for the first time and I am very impressed. I have always just used Lightroom to denoise. I think AlanF has commented that Lightroom is not very good for denoising, but I did not realize how bad it was until I tried Topaz. Just using "auto" I am getting less noise and better details than I ever got before.

Reactions: AlanF

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
Mar 25, 2011
I've tried them all many times over the years, Lightroom does need extra work but the results end up looking the same to me. I sometimes use the brush to select areas to remove noise if its critical, usually, its not.

For someone who is able to perceive a difference, go for the one that works best for you.

Durf

Picture Taker - Image Maker
Anyone using Topaz Labs DeNoise AI? I am playing with it for the first time and I am very impressed. I have always just used Lightroom to denoise. I think AlanF has commented that Lightroom is not very good for denoising, but I did not realize how bad it was until I tried Topaz. Just using "auto" I am getting less noise and better details than I ever got before.
I use DeNoise when I have some really high ISO shots and love it. I've saved several really noisy images that just a couple years ago I would of deleted for being too noisy.
AI Clear works fine too, which I normally use, but when they are really noisy I use DeNoise AI.
I haven't used Adobe for 3 years now so not sure how much they've improved since then when it comes to noise reduction.

Reactions: mikekeck

bhf3737

---
Sep 9, 2015
Calgary, Canada
www.flickr.com
I use Topaz Denoise AI which does much better job than Lightroom on high ISO pictures in general. I was used to use the NIK collection denoise that was a little better than Lightroom. But the Denoise AI is better than both and the default setting does usually a pretty good job. I can find some pre and post samples with Denoise AI and post them here, if needed.

Reactions: mikekeck

Keith_Reeder

I really don't mind offending trolls.
Feb 8, 2014
Blyth, NE England
Plug-in noise solutions are completely unnecessary, if you just break your dependence on LightRoom - there are a number of Raw converters out there that kick Lr's arse for noise handling.

Reactions: Bert63

AlanF

Canon 5DSR II
Aug 16, 2012
DxO PL3 does a fantastic job, better than Lightroom IMO, and isn't a subscription model.

That said - I've used Topaz on random JPGs before and agree it does a nice job.
DxO PL3 is extremely good and is my standard. I found the lens sharpness tool introduces noise with the 90D.

Reactions: Bert63