Tripod with swivel arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWPhil

one eye; one shot - multiple misses
Oct 4, 2011
Hi,
looking for suggestions regadingr a medium size tripod, that allows center post to be rotated/multi-positioned.
I know that there are more than one brand, but all are great according to manufacturer ::)

I am using a full frame DSLR, and some of my lenses are heavy - but not telephoto.
Don't need a top-of-line, neither head
Thanks
Phil

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Mt Spokane Photography said:
You purchase a tripod to gain stability, but one of those arms loses it all. People buy them, because it seems like a neat idea, but do not use long exposures, its going to vibrate more than hand held, and at a higher frequency, so IS will have difficulty compensating for the vibration.

+1 I have seen sevaral of those offset and swivel arms that work, but they are all very heavy duty studio equipment. We are talking 100 pound plus tripods with floor dollies so they can be moved around.... you need solid and massive to avoid the vibrations and that kind of throws portable out the window.

Quick tip to make your tripod more stable.... mount an eyelet under the collumn and use a small rope to put some load onto it.... large camera bags and backpacks work great, but don't make the bag dangle and sway, that makes things worse.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.