Trouble shooting on the 430 EXII (HELP!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

D.Sim

I've run into a few problems on my 430 EXII recently, would appreciate if anyone can give some feedback if necessary

First up the AF Assist firing on my speedlight isn't firing. That red grid that projects, and helps (A lot) with AF in low light... I've no idea when it stopped firing, I've just noticed it recently... =(
Its not the settings, i've tried setting the custom functions on that, but its still out..

Also, at times when using remote flash (I use a Yong Nuo wireless trigger), the flash wouldn't trigger. When it doesn't trigger the display on the back of the flash will be blinking (flashing?) - not just one part, the entire display. Any idea whats going on?

Cheers!

p/s
Theres no Canon service centre where I stay, unfortunately, so if this is a fixable problem at home, it would be awesome... else I'll need to find some way to get it to a service centre...

Try above, plus I had the same flashing screen issue with a 580 EX II. It's a 'feature' if the wide panel is pulled out for bounce flash so make sure that's pushed right in. Also as a diagnostic make sure you try it at a 90 degree angle, maybe something is wrong with the switch that determines if the wide panel has been pulled out.

Upvote 0

Crapking

"Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
Nov 9, 2011
jjlabella.photoshelter.com
While 'we' are troubleshooting the 430, can someone simply walk through how to use it as AF assist on a 7D. I've heard about it but never took the time to read how to do it. Will it send out a weak flash output or simply an invisible IR pulse? I'd like to improve my autofocus capture rate shooting indoor sports w/o the flash going off. Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Crapking said:
While 'we' are troubleshooting the 430, can someone simply walk through how to use it as AF assist on a 7D. I've heard about it but never took the time to read how to do it. Will it send out a weak flash output or simply an invisible IR pulse? I'd like to improve my autofocus capture rate shooting indoor sports w/o the flash going off. Thanks in advance.

Just the AF assist lamp projecting a grid, although its visible red, not invisible IR. Don't have my 7D with me, but IIRC it's in 1st shooting menu > flash control > external flash C.Fn settings, there's one for AF assist only.

Upvote 0
C

Canon-F1

D.Sim said:
First up the AF Assist firing on my speedlight isn't firing. That red grid that projects, and helps (A lot) with AF in low light... I've no idea when it stopped firing, I've just noticed it recently... =(
Its not the settings, i've tried setting the custom functions on that, but its still out..

it will not be used in some modes. read the manual.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.