Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div id="fb_share_1" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px;"><a name="fb_share" type="box_count" share_url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/04/firmware-1-2-5-for-eos-7d/" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">Share</a></div><div><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2011/04/firmware-1-2-5-for-eos-7d/"></a></div>
<strong>*UPDATE*

</strong>Canon has killed the links to the firmware on the various sites around the globe. So I am going to host it instead.</p>
<p><strong><a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/files/eos7d125.zip">Download EOS 7D Firmware 1.2.5</a> (12.4mb)</strong></p>
<p>Extract the .fir file and put it on the root of a CF card. Put the CF card in your 7D and go to the firmware section in your menu. Select the file on the card and install.</p>
<p>This firmware is official Canon firmware that was prematurely leaked by Canon UK & Canon Europe.</p>
<p><strong>Disclaimer</strong>

Should you install it? I have and everything is ok. If you’re a bit uncomfortable doing so, you can probably live without it. If you have any of the bugs listed below, installing it is probably wise.</p>
<p><em>thanks Eric</em></p>
<p><strong>Changes in this firmware</strong></p>
<p>Firmware Version 1.2.5 incorporates the following improvements and fixes.</p>
<ol>
<li>Fixed a rare phenomenon in which there were rare cases where movie files taken could not be opened when repeatedly shooting movies with specific CF cards.</li>
<li>Fixed a rare phenomenon in which there were cases where “Err 02″ appeared when repeatedly shooting still images with specific CF cards.</li>
<li>Fixed a phenomenon that occurred when using high-capacity (32 GB or greater) CF cards: If either a CF card with only a little available space remaining or the battery was removed and then reinserted into the camera, and then the user attempted to start shooting movies immediately, shooting would stop.</li>
<li>Improved the writing/reading speeds when using UDMA 7-compatible CF cards.</li>
<li>Fixed a phenomenon that occurred when custom function C.Fn 4-1 was set to assign IS start to the AF stop button on the lens: When used with lenses that do not have an AF stop button, the IS function would not work.</li>
<li>Corrected some mistakes in the menu screens displayed in Arabic and Portuguese. (This applies to models in overseas markets. The models for the Japanese market do not display those languages.)</li>
</ol>
<p>Posted on the Canon UK web site <strong><a href="http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_7D.aspx?DLtcmuri=tcm:14-835660&page=1&type=download">here</a> </strong>(mac) &<strong> <a href="http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/cameras/Digital_SLR/EOS_7D.aspx?DLtcmuri=tcm:14-835658&page=1&type=download">here</a> </strong>(win)</p>
<p><em>thanks W</em></p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong>
<p> </p>

Re: Firmware 1.2.5 for EOS 7D

Yeah, I need this one. I've had some of these exact problems. Unreadable video files on card (but works on computer). Also 2 or 3 times the buffer filled up instantly when filming and stops recording. Hope fully this fixes those.

By the way, why is this not posted to the canon usa site? I assume I can still use the firmware update on the uk site just as well.

Upvote 0
G

Grummbeerbauer

What a disappointment! :mad:
Still no adjustable auto ISO upper limit, and that after the 550D, the 60D, and the now 600D even the lowly 1100D has it (according to the menus as shown at dpreview).
Come on Canon, this is only a simple firmware issue that is already available for Digic-IV-based DSLRs, how hard can it be to include it into the 7D (and 5DII, while they are at it) firmware?
This just shows that Canon gives a flying f*** about customers that already parted with their money.

Upvote 0
P

Pasqual

autochrome said:
It is odd, the links were removed. I did noticed that the manual function button no longer allows toggling the AF sensors mode with 1.2.5. I'm wondering if it's a "feature" or if we're going to see a 1.2.6 firmware real soon.

I have done the update to day and de M-fn button still toggles the different AF modes on my Camera maybe a settings that isn't correct?

Upvote 0

Admin US West

CR Pro
Nov 30, 2010

Pasqual said:
autochrome said:
It is odd, the links were removed. I did noticed that the manual function button no longer allows toggling the AF sensors mode with 1.2.5. I'm wondering if it's a "feature" or if we're going to see a 1.2.6 firmware real soon.

I have done the update to day and de M-fn button still toggles the different AF modes on my Camera maybe a settings that isn't correct?

Its always advisable to do a reset after upgrading firmware. I've found this out the hard way, some functions might appear to no longer work, but after a reset, everythings fine.

Upvote 0
A

autochrome

scalesusa said:
Pasqual said:
autochrome said:

Its always advisable to do a reset after upgrading firmware. I've found this out the hard way, some functions might appear to no longer work, but after a reset, everythings fine.

Good point, i can see how not resetting the stored configuration to its safe defaults might play havoc with updated code (and this did solved the problem, thanks).

Upvote 0
You have to wonder why they removed it... as it was reported here and elsewhere, and I had skipped the previous update, I thought I'd put this one on and have done. I did wonder why it appeared on UK/Euro first, since normally I think it appears on JP first.

Just hopes there weren't any bugs found, and if there are, they bring out another update quick. Haven't used my 7D since then but I'm planning on during the weekend...

Upvote 0
lol said:
I did wonder why it appeared on UK/Euro first, since normally I think it appears on JP first.

Canon JP still seems to be struggling w/ the aftermath of the quake, they list 1.0.8 as the latest for the 60D. Canon US hosts 1.0.9 for that camera (haven't checked Canon EU.) Another interesting bit is that Canon US doesn't list DPP 3.10.1 for the 7D but for any other camera w/ raw support. Something is going on in the background...

1.2.4 for the 7D was released via the Canon service centers for the last month or so. Anyone sending in their camera would get it back w/ 1.2.4 installed (again, in the US. Not sure if that's true for the EU.)

Upvote 0
W

Wahoowa

Most, if of all, people think that Canon pulled the firmware because there must be something wrong with it.

I too am not sure if there is something wrong with it. I already installed it before knowing it's pulled. I agree with some that they usually test the heck out of a firmware before releasing it. So, it's kinda odd that they would release it and then quickly pulled it. (I mean it'd be odd that they would test the firmware after releasing it.)

That said, would it be possible that there is something *good* in the firmware that Canon doesn't want to release? Some feature that the marketing department doesn't want it in there. If that's the case, like someone said, this firmware will be a collectible one. ;D

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.