*UPDATE* Official Bad News - Lenses Delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Justin

Welcome! We have our fun. Mostly it's about agonizing over gaping holes in Canon's lineup, fretting about future releases, enumerating wishlists galore, and weighing in on how Canon is and is not succeeding overall in giving us the tools to take our photography to another level. Have fun.

Justin

EOBeav said:
First of all, what a cool site. I haven't joined a forum for years, but this seems to be worth the effort.

It's probably a good thing (for me, anyway) that the 8-15mm L is delayed. I just bought some L glass this summer, so it will probably be a while before I can afford/justify the acquisition of another. I'm really looking forward to taking that one out for a test drive when it's released.

Upvote 0
S

scalesusa

Re: Official Bad News - Lenses Delayed.

Edwin Herdman said:
I feel for the guy who sold his 400mm, because even in good times every dollar counts. But I think you have to assume that part of the reason you buy Canon L-grade equipment is because it's a bit of insurance of the value. (Well, unless it has a green ring around it, I guess.)
scalesusa said:
OOPs, i'd bet that someone made a wrong setup and a whole lot of parts were made incorrectly. Thats the thing about computer controlled machinery

No, that's the thing about making blind guesses with apparently no idea how production processes actually work.

Production oopsies happened all the time in the analog age as well - going from the drawing board to the factory floor is never straightforward, and if anything computer design makes some of these problems less likely. Ever heard of the DeHavilland Comet?

Talk about blind guesses!

Why would you think that I did not know how things actually work? I spent 35 years in the electronics industry as a registered professional engineer working with product design and manufacturing from many of the major high tech electronic companies. I've traveled all over the world to work with subcontractors and review or show them how to to correct problems with new products as well as existing ones.

Speaking of DeHavilland, I even had a 2.5 year assignment to help them out as well. All the people at DeHavilland were great. I've seen it all, and inaccurate tooling for startup of new production lines is not uncommon, but we are both just guessing, your guss is as good as anybodies.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.