*UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
Re: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications

neuroanatomist said:
CanonFanBoy said:
StutteringStanley said:
And 120fps @720P???

You realize this camera has to last 3/4 years and its already way under specced compared to the Sony lineup...

Bye Canon.

B-B-B-B-Bye St-St-Stanley. ::)

Fixed that for ya... ;)

Bwahahahahaha! Can't believe I missed that! I'm a little s-s-slow. Thanks. :) :) :)

Upvote 0

neuroanatomist said:
CanonFanBoy said:
StutteringStanley said:
And 120fps @720P???

You realize this camera has to last 3/4 years and its already way under specced compared to the Sony lineup...

Bye Canon.

Fixed that for ya... ;)

Sometimes it's best to leave the low-hanging fruit on the tree to rot. If you wanted to poke fun at Stanley you could have done so without, ya know, poking fun at lots of people who are not Stanley.

Upvote 0

CanonFanBoy said:
neuroanatomist said:
CanonFanBoy said:
StutteringStanley said:
And 120fps @720P???

Bye Canon.

Fixed that for ya... ;)

Bwahahahahaha! Can't believe I missed that! I'm a little s-s-slow. Thanks. :) :) :)

Shame on both of you for making fun of someone with a communication disorder. He may never post here again.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013

CanonFanBoy said:
unfocused said:
I have to admit I'm surprised by 30mp. I guess I am in the minority, not caring about higher mp counts. I do wonder what the high ISO performance will be like. I expect that it will match the 5D III, but may not exceed it. (Just like the 1DX and 1DX II)

Perhaps sensors have pretty much reached their upper limit on ISO and the major improvements in the next few years will be dynamic range at base ISO and increased megapixel count?

Expanded touchscreen use is a welcome addition. I hope that eventually Canon unlocks some added functionality for the 1DX II -- Going through the "Q" and regular menu by touch would be nice.

Surprised also by the lack of CFast. With only video and the 1Dx using CFast I guess I can't expect the price to drop much anytime soon. I kind of hoped the added demand of a 5D would drive down the price.

Anxiously awaiting more info.

I'm with you about not caring about higher mega pixel counts.

I'd wish instead for 2 Compact Flash slots, 8-10 FPS, Auto AFMA and better ISO performance

well the rumor didn't say compact flash / sd .. simply compact flash.

better ISO performance with more pixels is pretty straightforward .. the 5Ds has better ISO performance really than the 5D mark III in the real world.

8-10 fps should be doable .. with the 5Ds at 250MP/s w/ DiGiC 5+ and the 5D Mark IV most likely with DiGiC 6+'s.

seems you're already made up your mind based upon things that weren't even mentioned though.

Upvote 0

I'm actually really happy with this list of specs. It makes me feel pretty darn content with my 5Dmk3 and doesn't give me much of a wanting, much less a need to upgrade. If these are accurate, the 5Dmk3 will sit happily in my bag, unless another company steals me away for photography like Sony did with the FS7 for my video work.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors said:
30mp
Compact Flash/SD Card Slots (No CFast)
USB 3
A lot more touchscreen functionality than the EOS-1D X Mark II

YES! I may get a 5DIV after all. Always believed that Canon would never release a 5DIV with less than 30 MPIX after Canon concluded they had underestimated the market's desire for more MPIX.

Upvote 0

gsealy said:
wildwalker said:
No 4K P50/60?

If I wanted 4Kp30 i'd buy a GoPro! Everyone knows that broadcast 4K at less than 50fps will be unusable. Seriously this sounds like the 4K part of this body is now just a gimmick to get more people interested.

For a camera that won't likely be updated for another 4 years, this is a serious downer.

And, as of right now it can't do what the 5DIII can do with Magic Lantern. I tend to agree with you, the 4K feature is kind of a gimmick for people who just want to say they are shooting 4K.

Yes could be. Stills image quality will still be king, but if the upcoming 6DMk2 will employ a similar PQ, then I would save some of my cash and get that. I am not wholly bothered by Video, but if you are going to put video on a camera body, and charge people the price for that feature, the feature needs to make sense.

But I guess this is still in the rumour stage? lets wait and see.

Upvote 0

Dec 18, 2014

pwp said:
unfocused said:
Surprised also by the lack of CFast.
Anxiously awaiting more info.
Personally I don't mind one way or the other...but CFast would have been welcomed by many. It's a baffling omission.

-pw
Not too baffling. This is an blunt atempt to keep the five series out of the pro bag as sidekicks to those 1Dx2s.

Upvote 0

leGreve

Full time photographer and film maker omnifilm.dk
Nov 6, 2010
Denmark
vimeo.com

Why is there no rumor on the codec used?

Makes me think they didn't give a s*** about fixing the aweful color science on the video part. Sure it's useable for clients who don't give a shit and just want content, but for proper jobs, there is still a lot to be wanted.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012

LSXPhotog said:
Anyone that is upset to see the 5D Mark IVnot having 120 FPS 1080, should probably go look at the 1dx Mark II 120fps. That footage looks pretty horrible, and I doubt anyone would actually deliver that to a client except for a rare case...

The ones I've seen look good, that's why I was hoping 5D4 also to have 1080p120.

Upvote 0
Nov 1, 2012

pwp said:
raptor3x said:
takesome1 said:
There is no way I will buy this body.
It is obvious (by comparison to all the 5Ds posts) the increased pixel density will make it 34% harder to hand hold.

But on a serious note, I wonder what kind of ISO performance it will have.

16% harder, not 34%.

Glad all my lenses are IS ;)

-pw

Glad I don't have Parkinson's.

Upvote 0

I'm a wedding shooter who runs dual 5DSr's and another as a spare in my car as backup.

No Cfast or UHS-ii? Maybe I won't be needing to buy a 5D4 or at least another reason not to (as well as the AA filter which it'll no doubt have).

That being said, maybe 12 months down the line they'll put Cfast and UHS-ii into the 5DSr mkii along with that new readout technology and the world will be good.

Upvote 0

24 - 30mp..

To my mind not important, I do not plan to upgrade. I 'd rather buy better lens!

To my mind, the 5DMIII is already very good. For a new body, I'm looking for better ISO performances, better AF, even more robust, faster/deeper buffer... resolution come last of my list.

Take care

Upvote 0