*UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

Re: *UPDATED* Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications & Image

neuroanatomist said:
PaulMackX said:
mikekx102 said:
I've read most of the posts here. And that's a lot! I would imagine this thread has the highest post count on canon rumors. Anyone know if its true?
It's about to catch the 7D II thread in this board:

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0;sort=replies;desc

Perhaps the highest post count for a rumor thread, I haven't checked. But for overall post count, with 800-some-odd replies it's nowhere even close to the Show your Bird Portraits thread, which has close to 11,000 posts and nearly 2.5 million thread views.

Says the man who has enough posts to have a successful forum by himself. :p

Upvote 0

Guillaume GLEIZE said:
Sorry I arrived on this VIDEO forum by error because I look for a PHOTOGRAPHER forum: Can you tell me where to go to know about the next PHOTOGRAPHY Canon production?

TY - GG - Photographer

I know most of the talk is about video features... but the 5D mark IV is going to be a very nice stills camera.
It will be upgraded in every way compared to the 5D mark III in stills features... most of which have been listed on the first page! (if the rumors are correct).

Stills feature: nice increase in stills resolution... up from 22.3MP to 30.4MP
Stills feature: faster framerate.... 7 FPS (up from 6FPS)
Stills feature: (not mentioned in this rumor/thread but expected) - new sensor with onboard ADC leading to massive improvements in low ISO dynamic range (same technology that is in the 80D and 1DX mark II)
Stills feature: WIFI... it's for getting your stills to the internet quicker.
Stills feature: USB 3: for getting your stills off the camera faster/better shooting tethered.
Stills feature: GPS: for geotagging your stills.
Stills feature: (not mentioned in this rumor/thread but expected) improved autofocus compared to 5D mark III

We're still in early days, but it's going to be a beast of a STILLS camera if rumors are correct.

Upvote 0
Mar 2, 2012

Guillaume GLEIZE said:
Sorry I arrived on this VIDEO forum by error because I look for a PHOTOGRAPHER forum: Can you tell me where to go to know about the next PHOTOGRAPHY Canon production?

TY - GG - Photographer

huh, and here I thought you'd arrived at a forum relating to a MANUFACTURER.

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada

mistaspeedy said:
Guillaume GLEIZE said:

TY - GG - Photographer

I know most of the talk is about video features... but the 5D mark IV is going to be a very nice stills camera.
It will be upgraded in every way compared to the 5D mark III in stills features... most of which have been listed on the first page! (if the rumors are correct).

Stills feature: nice increase in stills resolution... up from 22.3MP to 30.4MP
Stills feature: faster framerate.... 7 FPS (up from 6FPS)
Stills feature: (not mentioned in this rumor/thread but expected) - new sensor with onboard ADC leading to massive improvements in low ISO dynamic range (same technology that is in the 80D and 1DX mark II)
Stills feature: WIFI... it's for getting your stills to the internet quicker.
Stills feature: USB 3: for getting your stills off the camera faster/better shooting tethered.
Stills feature: GPS: for geotagging your stills.
Stills feature: (not mentioned in this rumor/thread but expected) improved autofocus compared to 5D mark III

We're still in early days, but it's going to be a beast of a STILLS camera if rumors are correct.

That's a reasonable perspective as you say but we're conditioned to want the whole 9 yards.

Jack

Upvote 0

http://www.cameraegg.org/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-full-specs-and-images/

Finally, Full specs and images of upcoming Canon EOS 5D Mark IV has leaked online. See the detail below. 5D Mark IV will be officially announced on August 25, 2016.

Specs:

Sensor: Effective pixels 30.4 million pixels, dual pixel CMOS
AF point: 61 points
ISO: 100-102400 (extension) standard ISO up to 32000
Continuous shooting: 7 frames / sec.
Video: 4K 30fps, HD120fps
150,000-pixel RGB + IR photometry sensor
touch screen
Anti-flicker
Built-in GPS, Wi-Fi · NFC connection
Media: SDXC / SDHC / SD, CompactFlash Type II
The main terminal: USB 3.0, HDMI
Size: 150.7 x 116.4 x 75.9mm
Weight: 890g

Upvote 0

rushfan21122 said:

Finally, Full specs and images of upcoming Canon EOS 5D Mark IV has leaked online. See the detail below. 5D Mark IV will be officially announced on August 25, 2016.

Specs:

touch screen
Anti-flicker
I wonder about that viewfinder hump, do you think it could be detachable?

Upvote 0

Mikehit said:
Gnocchi said:
I wonder about that viewfinder hump, do you think it could be detachable?

It's a new marketing gimmick - buy a viewfinder for 3,500$ and get a detachable camera thrown in.
Had another look and it just looks like a plastic cover.

Upvote 0

Looking at the images of the rear, I'm very surprised that it doesn't have the same AF Area Selection Lever attached to the joystick that the 7D Mark II has. This is probably the best ergonomic advancement the 7D Mark II brought to the table and it makes changing AF areas incredibly quick and easy, or it can be customized to do any number of useful things. It was rightly praised by reviewers of the 7D Mark II (pretty well unanimously, at least for any reviews I read). I figured it was a given for the 5D Mark IV (or the 1DX II for that matter). I wonder why on earth they left it off???

Puzzled. ???

Upvote 0

rushfan21122 said:

Specs:

touch screen
Anti-flicker

Honestly.....Damn....i really don´t like the new LOGO! But of course it´s not that that makes me don´t want the camera. According to specs it´s a fantastic stiil camera and a really great video camera! But, like always, let´s wait for more confirmations and specs, and most important, behaviour in real world!( cause for sure i will not buy the first ones!!! :D )

Upvote 0