Updated list of unreleased Canon gear

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Nokishita has released the latest list of unreleased Canon gear that we can expect to be announced in the first half of 2019. We’ve done a prediction of what we think is coming early next year based on these sorts of lists and some common sense.
DS 126751 (EOS 90D?)

Digital camera (single lens reflex or RF mounting machine)
Made in Japan (Oita Plant)
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed
SKU: 3380C003AA, 3380C013AA, 3380C023AA
Body only and two lens kits?

DS 126761 (Entry level EOS R model?)

Digital camera (DSLR or RF mount)
Made in Taiwan or Made in Japan (Oita Plant)
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed
SKU: 3454C001AA, 3454C002AA, 3454C003AA, 3458C001AA, 3461C001AA
Three color variations?
Black is only body and lens kit 2 types, the other two lens kit only?
What are the model names? (The model name differs...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2011
I hope they are both rf mount. Time to go all in on mirrorless.
Well, they'll need to release about 15 lenses at 1/2 the price of their current RF lenses to make a mirrorless 90D viable in any way. Right now, it'd die a quick death due to a lack of native lenses, all priced higher than the camera.

I think a lot of people forget that the 90D isnt usually going to someone with $10k in L lenses sitting around. Not when Canon has so many quality lenses in the $200-500 range.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
I think a lot of people forget that the 90D isnt usually going to someone with $10k in L lenses sitting around. Not when Canon has so many quality lenses in the $200-500 range.

And, every EF-s and EF works with the R via the adapter. I bought the R body but use my EF lenses. Its ideal for a crop body upgrade going to FF because their EF-s lenses will work and they can add EF or RF lenses as they please.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Jul 31, 2018
See this finally confirms what I've been saying all along:
Canon is going to make some cameras. Someplace. Some with lenses, some with mirrors (or not) and many with wifi bluetooth.
I feel so vindicated.

exactly. by comparison, the Delphi Oracle was very straightforward and clear cut. :)

I think we are looking at G7X III and M5 II, M6 II. Those come first.

More R mount stuff only later on -
1. "entry level R6" [about April/may 2019],
2. then "mirrorfree 5Ds II" [Fall 2019]
3. then mirrorfree 1DX-III - Feb 2020, soon enough for 2020 Tokyo Olympics
:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Why is that? What is wrong with Canon giving their customers a choice?

For some inexplicable reason, some people are just totally hostile to the idea of a mirror and optical viewfinder, and wish that all camera manufacturers would stop making DSLRs so that people would stop buying DSLRs.

You don't really see DSLR users stamping their feet and screaming for camera manufacturers to stop making mirrorless products, though.

*Eyeroll*

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
And, every EF-s and EF works with the R via the adapter. I bought the R body but use my EF lenses. Its ideal for a crop body upgrade going to FF because their EF-s lenses will work and they can add EF or RF lenses as they please.

More than that, the EF-S crop lenses are ideal for 4K video on the R. I was going to sell my EF-S 10-18 but now I've got the R I'm absolutely keeping it.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Oct 18, 2011
So is Canon eating the cost of that $100 adaptor? Remember, most of the EF-S lenses in the system are cheap. You can kit out with an 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 24mm, and 50mm for about the cost of the cheapest RF lens.

I think it makes a lot of sense for the 90D to be very good DSLR; so that it survives for ~3 years as a camera and the line ends and becomes mirrorless. But doing it right now will be a disaster. As someone who bought into the Sony a7 when it had no native lenses, the process was infuriating and caused me to change back pretty quickly.

Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
So is Canon eating the cost of that $100 adaptor? Remember, most of the EF-S lenses in the system are cheap. You can kit out with an 18-55mm, 55-250mm, 24mm, and 50mm for about the cost of the cheapest RF lens.

I think it makes a lot of sense for the 90D to be very good DSLR; so that it survives for ~3 years as a camera and the line ends and becomes mirrorless. But doing it right now will be a disaster. As someone who bought into the Sony a7 when it had no native lenses, the process was infuriating and caused me to change back pretty quickly.
Well, if you don't want to pay for an $100 adapter that leaves you with having to pay RF prices and waiting for Canon to fill out the RF line.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Talys

Canon R5
CR Pro
Feb 16, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I'm expecting 26MP, Digic7 slight improvement in video and a new badge. Meaning I will be shooting my 80D till it dies. But I am more than willing to be pleasantly surprised.
That sounds about right. Even if they just took the 80D and added compressed RAW CR3's, I'd probably buy it -- I've almost purchased a second 80D a few times -- the only reason I didn't last year was that I purchased a 6D2.

Upvote 0