Updated models registered for certification

Nokishita Camera has updated their list of registered Canon models for certification.  As with all registration discoveries, these may or may not be imminent releases.  The model of PC2357 would seem to indicate a mirrorless  (powershot camera) camera with a LP-E6/E6N battery.  Perhaps a beefier M5 in the horizon or a new full frame mirrorless?

DS 126721

Interchangeable lens camera
made in Japan
SKU: 3075C003AA, 3075C013AA, 3075C023AA
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed
Battery: LP-E6 / LP-E6N (or equivalent)
The same radio parts as KissM

PC 2357

Digital camera
Wi-Fi · Bluetooth installed
Battery: LP-E6 / LP-E6N (or equivalent)
The same radio parts as KissM

Interchangeable lenses

2439C005AA
2959C005AA
2963C005AA
2972C005AA
3045C005AA
2965C005AA (Made in Taiwan or Japan)
2973C005AA (Made in Taiwan or Japan)
3329C005AA (Made in Taiwan or Japan)

DS401221

Speedlight
SKU: 3249C003AA

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 26, 2014
A mirrorless with LP-E6? That would seem to be something larger than a M5.

I hope its not the new Canon FF model with powershot firmware.

My assumption is a mirrorless FF would require EVF (or live view with the back screen), so need more charge for regular operation, and hence have a new battery with higher charge.

[Checking again, the LP-E12 & LP-E17 have about half the charge of an LP-E6, maybe my assumption is naive.]

Upvote 0
Apr 23, 2018
I hope its not the new Canon FF model with powershot firmware.

YIKES!!! :eek:

LP-E6N would be good news. a real *power pack* instead of those toy store pointnshoot LP-E## batteries.

LP-E6 battery could still fit into a very compact mirrorfree body, sized similar to a Sony A7 1st gen just with a bit beefier grip = overall maybe 15% more chunky than a Canon EOS M5. :)

Upvote 0
We know that it is not an ILC, but it has wireless connectivity and uses the same battery as most of the high-end ILCs.

If I were a product planner for Canon I would push for something using the APS-C sensor from the 80D, a fixed version of the EF-M 18-150 lens, and a flippy touch screen with a menu system that makes a 5D user feel at home.

As a photographer, I would rather have the chance to buy something with a FF sensor (preferably at least as good as that of the 5D Mk IV), a fixed, shortened version of the 24-70 f/2.8L II (or 35mm f/1.4L II) with some form of IS, a world-class EVF, joystick-driven focus point options like the 5D Mk IV, dual card slots, and a touch screen with a menu system that makes a 5D user feel at home. Weather-seal it, and give me the option to fit a battery grip with extra control buttons and shutter release.

(A guy can dream, can't he?)

Upvote 0
We know that it is not an ILC, but it has wireless connectivity and uses the same battery as most of the high-end ILCs.

If I were a product planner for Canon I would push for something using the APS-C sensor from the 80D, a fixed version of the EF-M 18-150 lens, and a flippy touch screen with a menu system that makes a 5D user feel at home.

As a photographer, I would rather have the chance to buy something with a FF sensor (preferably at least as good as that of the 5D Mk IV), a fixed, shortened version of the 24-70 f/2.8L II (or 35mm f/1.4L II) with some form of IS, a world-class EVF, joystick-driven focus point options like the 5D Mk IV, dual card slots, and a touch screen with a menu system that makes a 5D user feel at home. Weather-seal it, and give me the option to fit a battery grip with extra control buttons and shutter release.

Hmm... An APS-C fixed lens compact (or kinda compact) with the 18-150 would certainly make some waves. Might wreck havoc on the sales for the M100 and M6, though.

As for the fixed lens full-frame - this is something I've been hoping Canon would do for years. I'd love a shortened 35mm F/1.4L fixed to a compact full-frame body. They could get it on par with the Sony RX1R II in terms of size by going with a leaf shutter. I wouldn't even demand a top-of-the-line EVF; I'd be satisfied with a removable EVF and a bright high-res touchscreen. The joystick and dual card slot combo would certainly make it stand apart from the Sony RX1R and Leica Q.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
"SKU: 3075C003AA, 3075C013AA, 3075C023AA"

or could it simply mean an M5II in three colours? :confused:

I certainly hope Canon wouldn't be that cruel. But you never know... I'd expect we'll get the high-end full-frame and M5 II announced in October and released for the 2018 holiday, and then followed up by a Q1 or Q2 2019 release of the entry-level full-frame.

In the midst of the mirrorless migration, I'm hoping Canon haven't forgotten about their DSLR users. I for one am still anxious to see a 7D III and a 5DS(R) II. Maybe that's just me though :(

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
I certainly hope Canon wouldn't be that cruel. But you never know... I'd expect we'll get the high-end full-frame and M5 II announced in October and released for the 2018 holiday, and then followed up by a Q1 or Q2 2019 release of the entry-level full-frame.

In the midst of the mirrorless migration, I'm hoping Canon haven't forgotten about their DSLR users. I for one am still anxious to see a 7D III and a 5DS(R) II. Maybe that's just me though :(

Nope, me too! although an M5II does intrigue me in fact I find it nuts that any one of those (very different) three cameras may suit my upgrade needs and that's even before adding the possibility of two FF mirror-less into the mix!

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
As a photographer, I would rather have the chance to buy something with a FF sensor (preferably at least as good as that of the 5D Mk IV), a fixed, shortened version of the 24-70 f/2.8L II ... with some form of IS, a world-class EVF, joystick-driven focus point options like the 5D Mk IV, dual card slots, and a touch screen with a menu system that makes a 5D user feel at home. Weather-seal it, and give me the option to fit a battery grip with extra control buttons and shutter release.

That's why my notebooks have "Dream Every Day" written on them. If Canon makes, I just might buy it.

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
It's fun to speculate, but it's hard to take any of these rumors this vague seriously yet. We don't have any indications that we're going to see anything cool, unfortunately. I just want that EF-M 32mm f/1.4 lens in my bag ASAP. Lots of leisure travel coming at the end of this year and It would be nice to have.

Upvote 0
Hmm... An APS-C fixed lens compact (or kinda compact) with the 18-150 would certainly make some waves. Might wreck havoc on the sales for the M100 and M6, though.

As for the fixed lens full-frame - this is something I've been hoping Canon would do for years. I'd love a shortened 35mm F/1.4L fixed to a compact full-frame body. They could get it on par with the Sony RX1R II in terms of size by going with a leaf shutter. I wouldn't even demand a top-of-the-line EVF; I'd be satisfied with a removable EVF and a bright high-res touchscreen. The joystick and dual card slot combo would certainly make it stand apart from the Sony RX1R and Leica Q.

I had the RX1R in mind, but I was also thinking about something that would have everything necessary to abolish any thoughts like "I wish that I had a 5D MkIV with a 35mm F1.4L because it would help me get a better image than what I am carrying." Having that in something that was smaller, lighter, and less expensive would be nice.

PS - I would also like it to have a leaf shutter and built-in fill flash that is at least the match for the Fuji X100F when it comes to high speed sync and knowing just what to do to make people look good. Also good if it could trigger off-camera slave flashes either optically or wirelessly.

Upvote 0