Status
Not open for further replies.

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
marcus314 said:
I was wondering if anyone knew any more information on the 590ex? I thought it was supposed to debut today...
You're forgetting that this is Canon *rumors*, and while it has a nice forum I'd consider the accuracy of the information - well, how shall I put it - "less than 100% reliable" :p

Concerning the radio speedlites, Canon is said to have worked on them for ages, but world-wide certification for radio emissions might bring another delay. The issue is: Few people will switch to Nikon because of flash technology alone, so it won't hurt Canon at all to delay their update for some month if needed.

Upvote 0
Marsu42 said:
marcus314 said:
I was wondering if anyone knew any more information on the 590ex? I thought it was supposed to debut today...
You're forgetting that this is Canon *rumors*, and while it has a nice forum I'd consider the accuracy of the information - well, how shall I put it - "less than 100% reliable" :p

Concerning the radio speedlites, Canon is said to have worked on them for ages, but world-wide certification for radio emissions might bring another delay. The issue is: Few people will switch to Nikon because of flash technology alone, so it won't hurt Canon at all to delay their update for some month if needed.

Whatever new radio advances this puppy has I would hope would be backward compatible so it can be used to trigger 430's and 580's... If the new radio technology doesn't work with the older flashes, then =((((((

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.