updating lens info in LR

jd7

CR Pro
Feb 3, 2013
Hi all

After a firmware update for my 6D a while ago, the camera started correctly identifying my Sigma Art lenses, and that has flowed through to LR. However, before the firmware update, my 6D identified the Sigma lenses only by focal length (eg 35mm or 50mm) without any other info. The result is that when I search metadata in LR now, I have a bunch of photos for which the lens is simply listed by focal length, while newer photos get the additional info about it being a Sigma lens.

I have played with ExifTool and ExifToolGUI, and I believe I have correctly updated the LensModel exif data on some files. However, nothing I do makes LR use the new LensModel exif data. I've tried synchronising the relevant folder, and I've tried removing the photos from LR catalogue and importing them again, but LR still records the lens simply by focal length (eg 35mm) with the additional info.

Any ideas on what I need to do to get LR to read the new LensModel exif data? It's not a big deal, but if I could get it set up so LR always identifies the lens consistently for all photos, and I don't have separate lenses showing in LR which are actually the same lens (eg 35mm and 35mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art A012), that would be good.