Used 5D2 or Refurb 6D?

Tabor Warren Photography

I want to go shoot something with a Canon...
Feb 2, 2012
Tulsa, OK
www.photosbytabor.com
Photography is my wife and my full-time job. We mostly shoot weddings, but have been known to do most anything. We shoot 4 5D3's, and 1 5D2. I do not like the 5D2. I do not like it at all.

We've owned the 7D, 60D, and T1i and though I prefer the 5D2 over those, I would certainly trade it out for a 6D.

I will also note, I have not yet used the 6D, but based on my dislike of the 5D2, I would say go for the 6D.

I hope this helps!
-Tabor

Upvote 0
Well i have 2 5DM2s that i use for specific studio work where i shoot 1000+ pics a day. (both currently have >100.000 clicks.
I personally think the raws are as good as the 5dM3's raw's ( i also own one). I had a 6D in my hands a couple of time and i prefer the 5D ergonomics any time as well as CF vs SD etc. But the 6D is for sure a good camera. However, bashing the 5DM2 is not correct i think. Except my 1DX, i still think it has a great IQ.

I have to add i dont care for wifi , video, gps etc. and i'm on ISO100 most of the time.

Upvote 0
monkey44 said:
As mentioned - refurb 6D at Canon with one year Canon warranty -- $1199 ...

Can't go wrong with it ... I've bought several refurbs and never had a problem with any of them. If you can afford this, it's the best way to go -- newer technology.
Check out the deals at Canon price watch. Look at the home page for, this forum. One trusted vendor has the 6D with a printer and paper for $1150. I paid more for one in Dec.

Upvote 0
May 15, 2014
Sporgon said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
DRR said:
The 6D has taken most of its depreciation already, and is now close to a third off the price it was at intro - not even 3 years ago! The 6D is an incredible value.

The 6D was originally $2099 and is now $1399. or $700 less.

I am wondering where to get a new one for $700?

I think he must have missed an 'f' ;)

I'm not surprised everyone has suggested going for the 6D - it's the newer and current camera. Personally though I don't like running the two ergonomics together. Soon I'll be changing the 6D for either a 5DIII or a 5Ds, and keep the II.

Yes, ergonomics is important to keep in mind. I have a 6D/70D combo and they are nearly identical. I see the draw of 5D/7D combo, or now a 5D3/5DsR sort of deal.

Also, speaking of ergonomics, the one big downer for me on the 6D is the incredibly mushy shutter button. No feel for the half-way point. I use BBF thankfully which helps nullify that most of the time. But I have AE lock on the shutter and do use that occasionally and that lack of feel for halfway is annoying.

Upvote 0