USGP 2014!

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi V8.
Lovely pictures.
What a fantastic collection of classic motors, some decidedly fed up looking drivers, the guy in the dicky seat looks particularly peeved, no one to talk to! ;D

Cheers, Graham.

V8Beast said:
What a race. The side-by-side racing in the middle of the pack was incredible. There were so many passes that weren't captured on TV. I was surrounded by Brits, and hearing them cheer Lewis on was a real treat. Poor Button didn't get any love from his fellow countrymen in the crowd. I'll post the images up in batches to make them more palatable.

Here's the pre-race stuff:

Snip 8<

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi V8.
More great shots.
Things like this always remind me of that line in Crocodile Dundee, "that's not a knife"

Wonder what his pics came out like?

Cheers, Graham.

V8Beast said:
Race images:

_L3C2229_zps59992680.jpg

A few photogs in the crowd were feeling all manly with their big white zooms until this guy showed up. Something tells me he's well equipped in more ways than one :eek:

Upvote 0

Roo

CR Pro
Sep 12, 2013
Melbourne
Valvebounce said:
Hi V8.
More great shots.
Things like this always remind me of that line in Crocodile Dundee, "that's not a knife"

Wonder what his pics came out like?

Cheers, Graham.

V8Beast said:
Race images:

_L3C2229_zps59992680.jpg

A few photogs in the crowd were feeling all manly with their big white zooms until this guy showed up. Something tells me he's well equipped in more ways than one :eek:

I'm sure he got some great shots of the grid girls ;D

Valvebounce said:
Hi V8.
Lovely pictures.
What a fantastic collection of classic motors, some decidedly fed up looking drivers, the guy in the dicky seat looks particularly peeved, no one to talk to! ;D

Cheers, Graham.

V8Beast said:
What a race. The side-by-side racing in the middle of the pack was incredible. There were so many passes that weren't captured on TV. I was surrounded by Brits, and hearing them cheer Lewis on was a real treat. Poor Button didn't get any love from his fellow countrymen in the crowd. I'll post the images up in batches to make them more palatable.

Here's the pre-race stuff:

Snip 8<

Nice to see the variety of cars. I wonder if they were chosen based on the driver's personality lol. Here they go for equality and have them parade around in the same type of car - Austin Healey 3000s one year, Corvettes another, Mustangs and so on.

Upvote 0
Valvebounce said:
Hi V8.
More great shots.

It was definitely a Crocodile Dundee moment ;D LOL. Actually, the bloke in one of the images (sitting next to the woman with the British flag) was flashing his big zoom, and his jaw hit the floor when this other guy sat in front of him with that monster lens.

Roo said:
I'm sure he got some great shots of the grid girls ;D

That's exactly what I would have used such a lens for. I like the way you think ;D

As for the parade cars, last year the car Jenson was in couldn't make it up Turn 1 and broke down. He had to hitch a ride with another driver ;D

Upvote 0