Venus Laowa 100mm Ultra macro up for preorder

Jun 27, 2013
Pune

Drainpipe

It's all about the little things.
Aug 30, 2014
www.instagram.com
I'm really considering this as an alternative to the MP-E. I find myself rarely going above 2.5x, so this may be the ticket, with a small amount of compromise. The only design choice that I'm not a fan of is that the front element moves in such a goofy fashion. Adding a filter to the lens barrel should make it an enclosed "infinity-2:1 MP-E" of sorts. The fact that it has 9 aperture blades will also be an upgrade from the MP-E's 6.

Looking forward to more tests and reviews for sure.

Upvote 0
Jun 27, 2013
Pune
I'm really considering this as an alternative to the MP-E. I find myself rarely going above 2.5x, so this may be the ticket, with a small amount of compromise. The only design choice that I'm not a fan of is that the front element moves in such a goofy fashion. Adding a filter to the lens barrel should make it an enclosed "infinity-2:1 MP-E" of sorts. The fact that it has 9 aperture blades will also be an upgrade from the MP-E's 6.

Looking forward to more tests and reviews for sure.
Keith Cooper(EF mount) and Richard Wong(Nikon F mount) have already posted their reviews on their respective websites. It certainly seems like Venus Laowa has filled another niche for small group of photographers.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Drainpipe

It's all about the little things.
Aug 30, 2014
www.instagram.com
Keith Cooper(EF mount) and Richard Wong(Nikon F mount) have already posted their reviews on their respective websites. It certainly seems like Venus Laowa has filled another niche for small group of photographers.

I’m glad they are! If Canon produced an 100mm MP-E that went from infinity to 3.5x, that would be my perfect lens. It’d be monstrous, but I’d pay top dollar for something like that.

Upvote 0