Watching Wimbledon and saw this....

edoorn said:
somewhere during the world cup I saw this odd camera, of a guy who also had a normal dslr with a big white.

Don't think its some test model, but I could not identify it; any clues here? just curious ;)

That's probably the (rumored) soon to be announched Fuji GFX 50R; the rangefinder version of their medium format body.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Mikehit said:
Why the pink tape....?

Maybe so she can tell her camera/lens from all the other Canon gear that might get set down on a table. Maybe it means that lens is AFMA'd to that body, whereas the white lens with green tape that you don't see is matched to the body with green tape that you also don't see.

Upvote 0
Jul 28, 2015
neuroanatomist said:
Mikehit said:
Why the pink tape....?

Maybe so she can tell her camera/lens from all the other Canon gear that might get set down on a table. Maybe it means that lens is AFMA'd to that body, whereas the white lens with green tape that you don't see is matched to the body with green tape that you also don't see.

Good idea! I did wonder why the lens had the same pink tape.

Upvote 0
May 20, 2013
Mikehit said:
neuroanatomist said:
Mikehit said:
Why the pink tape....?

More plausible than it being to conceal the identity of a yet to be released Canon body. Canon model numbers aren't marked in that position and even if this was about to change printing it on a test model to be used in a very public environment wouldn't make sense.

Upvote 0
bitm2007 said:
Mikehit said:
neuroanatomist said:
Mikehit said:
Why the pink tape....?

More plausible than it being to conceal the identity of a yet to be released Canon body. Canon model numbers aren't marked in that position and even if this was about to change printing it on a test model to be used in a very public environment wouldn't make sense.

If that were true, she'd use black tape. The bright pink could be a conspicuous way of telling Canon (and other manufacturers) "I'm not currently sponsored, what are you going to do about that?!"

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
neuroanatomist said:
Mikehit said:
Why the pink tape....?

It's a bloke with long hair and he has borrowed his girl friends camera. I don't like the dings on the front of the lens.

Upvote 0
Mar 28, 2013
neuroanatomist said:
Mikehit said:
Why the pink tape....?

Guy has pink tape in the same position on the camera hanging down from his neck, too. Maybe it's a way to quickly tell his equipment from someone else's, as everyone in the row there is running similar rigs from Canon.

Gotta remember, security is pretty tight there. Everyone's going through metal detectors, putting equipment on belts to be x-rayed. With the crush of photogs, it's probably advantageous to be able to quickly and easily ID your equipment and avoid confusion. Like tying a piece of colored yarn to your plain black suitcase, so you can easily ID it at the baggage carousel at the airport.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Exactly. And why pink? It stands out. The same reason I can spot my luggage on the wrong carousel across the concourse.

01%2520-%2520cases.jpg

Upvote 0
I notice that none of the photographers are using hoods with their big lenses. My use case is that the hood stays on all the time the lenses are out and about. Seems as protective as can be. The only time the lens see the soft lens cap is when packed for travel.

Is this a space or handling issue? Curious as to what others here do, and why these event shooters are not hooded.

Upvote 0