We Have More Internal Canon Service Information on Lenses & Cameras

fox40phil

People, Events, Sports & Wildlife
Apr 12, 2013
Germany
www.phileas-schoenberg.de
Raw Image said:
I think the info should be posted, there's people who save and spend their money thinking they will be getting a great quality item. Canon should fix the problem on their dime, not ours

yes!! You should post this stuff ASAP!! For us... the customers!

Upvote 0

Balb0wa

5d3 - 400mmL - 300mmL - 70-300L - 24-70 2.8 L
Mar 19, 2014
Chesterfield,Derbyshire
Upvote 0
Yes please post these documents. I would be particularly interested in more info on the 1DX mirror box especially if it pertains to the original recall. There has been so much misinformation put out there about the 1DX and the recall and it is hard to know what is true or not. I'd like to know if Canon realizes the 1DX loves to cover itself in oils and other crap and if they see that as a problem or if it has any relation to the original recall.

Upvote 0
Apr 24, 2012
privatebydesign said:
Albi86 said:
Think I'll bookmark this.

Might be useful next time I hear some litany about disservice from Nikon or Sony and how much more attentive Canon is to customers.

Oh yes because Nikon (D600) and Sony (just about everything from flaming TV's to laptops) don't have similar lists!

Yes? No? Maybe?

I'm not claiming that Canon is worse, I'm only disputing the belief that Canon is better.

Upvote 0
May 26, 2012
privatebydesign said:
For everybody clamouring for this to be released, and on balance I still think it should, be prepared for your affected equipment, whether real or not, to take a hit in value.

Excellent point. Do I want my two big whites (and one small one) to potentially drop in value? On the other hand, big lenses cost big bucks and I'd want any "known" problems fixed for free. That would help the gear retain its current value.

Upvote 0
I would love to see any of this internal information regarding Canon equipment I own, if for no other reason than to keep Canon honest about service charges. It's unfortunate that this information has to be "leaked" in order to become public, but I understand why. Just as there are many corporations, executives etc. with less-than-stellar scruples, there are also many consumers who are similarly "honesty challenged."

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2013
Please let us know what is affected with which items so that those of us that still have any warranty left can have fixes done. What Canon and manufacturers of other items don't understand is that even if we don't see an issue with our product, it doesn't mean it isn't defective or might display the issue at some point in time. Not to many things burn me more than a manufacturer being aware of an issue that could bite a consumer today or tomorrow or next week. Hiding the fact in the hopes that warranties will run their course so that fixes will be done at our expense and inconvenience is unacceptable but the trend today by so many manufacturers of various products. So many products today are made of hundreds and even thousands of parts that have to work together properly. Errors will unfortunately be made. The manufacturer that fesses up quickly and rectifies problems garners loyalty to their product like no other. Those that knowingly and conveniently ignore issues at our expense face the ire of the masses as well as obscurity. That said, unfortunately companies eyeball their bottom line and find it's more cost effective to ignore the problem as long as possible and fix things if and when forced to. As well, as consumers, we're often faced with most manufacturers signing this same tune. Do I dump brand A to go to brand B when brand A takes me for a ride when brand B has been treating their customers in the same manner? Case in point...auto manufacturers. So we can't switch brands and the alternative left to us is to hope for whistle blowers to let us know what's going on and hope someone has teeth to force manufacturers to do what they ought to have done in the first place.

Whew. That all said, please let us know what you know about the Canon products. And, please be careful you don't get yourself in trouble for publishing these if you do so.

Upvote 0

bornshooter

Love L series glass
Jul 13, 2011
scotland
www.flickr.com
But why would canon recall the 1dx for the lubricant issue and not these other issues?is your information accurate?you have to post this information or why even bother telling us in the 1st place to get more people to visit the site?just post everything at once none of this edward snowden nonsense!!
reveal all now!

Upvote 0