5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
dancook said:
Thanks guys

James and Kat by dancook1982, on Flickr

gadgeteer said:
Wow, that's brilliant work for your first wedding. I look back at the photos from my first wedding and am quite embarrassed now! ;D

Not quite 'first' wedding - first one I agreed to do, in preparation for this wedding, this year, I second shot for two photographers and shot another friends wedding on my own.

This opportunity has given me the push I needed to get me started :)

Ah, I thought the quality of this image looked special; an EF 200/2 no less. Whether the camera body attached to this lens was boring or not, who cares ?

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
dancook said:
I want better low light AF, better ISO handling, more DR, I want manual focusing assists via an EVF.

If I buy another 5dM3, I feel like I'm taking a step in the wrong direction.

Well if you are being contracted to shoot a wedding you do need another body in the very unlikely event of failure; the likelihood of failure is so low almost any body that took your lenses would do.

I think that if you wait you may get what you want; I suspect Canon is looking at an interchangeable viewfinder body, that could well be the 5DIV. After all, Canon are in the business of selling cameras, they must come up with a product that makes prospective purchasers buy, whether it is really required or not. A body that can either fit a normal high quality pentaprism and use the mirror, or lock the mirror up and fit a really good EVF in place of the prism would be interesting. I could see this coming on the 5 series first as this is a general purpose body, whereas the 1D series is more for those that still really benefit from an OVF anyway. And the 5 series was the video dslr. This would also put the DPAF to good use; I always thought Canon would do more with this given the complication compared with a few DP scattered about the sensor.

Then skinflints like me might think "maybe I should move this 5DII on now and get a 5DIV ;)

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2014
Sporgon said:
I think that if you wait you may get what you want; I suspect Canon is looking at an interchangeable viewfinder body, that could well be the 5DIV. After all, Canon are in the business of selling cameras, they must come up with a product that makes prospective purchasers buy, whether it is really required or not. A body that can either fit a normal high quality pentaprism and use the mirror, or lock the mirror up and fit a really good EVF in place of the prism would be interesting. I could see this coming on the 5 series first as this is a general purpose body, whereas the 1D series is more for those that still really benefit from an OVF anyway. And the 5 series was the video dslr. This would also put the DPAF to good use; I always thought Canon would do more with this given the complication compared with a few DP scattered about the sensor.

Here's hoping :)

Upvote 0