What’s next from Canon?

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Now that the announcements for the Canon EOS 90D and Canon EOS M6 Mark II are done, what can we expect next from Canon?
Canon Cinema C500 Mark II (Pictured above)

This cinema camera will be announced on or around September 5, 2019, ahead of IBC in Amsterdam. Here are some of the rumored specifications.

Canon EOS M100 Mark II

We think an update to the entry-level Canon EOS M100 will come before the end of 2019.

Canon EOS Rebel T8I:

We’ve heard rumblings about a new Rebel, and it wouldn’t shock me to see it announced alongside the EOS M100 replacement.

Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

This should be officially announced in November, and begin shipping in December at a cost of around $2500.

Canon EOS RS (High-resolution EOS R camera)

Before we get the truly professional EOS R series camera, we’ll likely see the announcement of a high-resolution EOS R camera, we...

Continue reading...

Presumably you mean you want to use an EVF and a Speedlite simultaneously?
Exactly, which is why I would like to see a M5II or even better, a r-mount version. Throw the m6II internals into an RP body, add a bit more buffer and price it the same as a 90D and call it a day. I'd like it to be a full R sized camera but I could live with the RP if /i had to.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2019
Maybe canon is waiting on the 1D X mk3 as the product to launch IBIS in their DSLR lineup. Then maybe potentially a 7d3 with ibis a few months later in late 2020? Then in 2021 a 5d5? I'm just thinking that canon wouldn't waste developing ibis technology to only put it in the 1d line and a 7d seems like a fitting candidate for it. Then again numerous signs point to the 7d line being dead so it's rather confusing lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Maybe canon is waiting on the 1D X mk3 as the product to launch IBIS in their DSLR lineup. Then maybe potentially a 7d3 with ibis a few months later in late 2020? Then in 2021 a 5d5? I'm just thinking that canon wouldn't waste developing ibis technology to only put it in the 1d line and a 7d seems like a fitting candidate for it. Then again numerous signs point to the 7d line being dead so it's rather confusing lol.
Why would IBIS technology in a DSLR be any different than in a DSLM?

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2019
Why would IBIS technology in a DSLR be any different than in a DSLM?
You are correct, the transfer of ibis in a dslr to a mirrorless enviroment would not take much work in my unprofessional opinion. But do note that the IBIS patent canon filed was centered around a dslr application. I was just thinking about potential dslr applications for it since the rumour is that IBIS is coming to numerous DSLR's in the future.

Upvote 0
Isn't the 90D a nice replacement for 80D?
I'm going to assume that was a reply to me saying the m6II would be a potential replacement for a 80d

i really like the improved tracking of the m6ii. if you watch some of the videos comparing the two it's on a whole other level. The tracking on the 90d only works if you keep the center of the object in the middle of the picture, and only in select modes. Plus eye focus when not shooting action sports and all the wysiwyg modes for color, focus areas, etc.

Upvote 0
You are correct, the transfer of ibis in a dslr to a mirrorless enviroment would not take much work in my unprofessional opinion. But do note that the IBIS patent canon filed was centered around a dslr application. I was just thinking about potential dslr applications for it since the rumour is that IBIS is coming to numerous DSLR's in the future.
it wasn't really. it was simply an illustrative diagram that Canon used. they also used diagrams that showed what appeared to be a mirrorless EF camera. they used a mix of diagrams.

one problem is that Canon's IS + IBIS patents a require fast communication between the lens and the camera body. That almost smells as a RF only solution.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Whatever comes next will be nice to see. And I can calmly lean back and watch.
Because the line shakeup with EOS R/RF lenses and all the other stuff makes it an exiting time, but the Canon offer does not fit my needs yet (not to talk about my savings ;) , looking at the RF primes available now).

Upvote 0