What Canon stuff did you get for Christmas

Hello all,

Santa was very good to me this year, and got me the one lens I have been coveting for 2 years (70-200 f2.8 IS II), and I am ecstatic to have it. I am blown away by the gift, and intend to go shooting with it as soon as possible to play.

Now that the presents are unwrapped, what did everybody else get that they are ecstatic to have? Just a general thread to say thanks to the people in our lives that are amazingly generous.

Mar 25, 2011
Click said:
The new Canon 100 400 f4.5 - 5.6 L IS II :)

+1

I also bought a Refurbished SX50. Its good for carrying in my car for unexpected wildlife. I would not carry my expensive camera and lenses around unless I had a plan to use them, but for $200, I can keep the Power Shot in my car until the hot weather hits in July.

Upvote 0
I have been selling some of my gear to generate funds. Lenses, bodies, etc. I also bought and sold a few new Black Friday items for a great profit. This all began back at the beginning of Sept. Found/bought many great deals, esp Black Friday. So after about 90 Days...

After all is said and done, I ended up getting/keeping the following items for Christmas...

7D Mark II (Sold my 6D, 60D, 70D, etc to fund but I might obtain another 6D eventually.)
16-35 f/4L IS (Might Sell, not sure but decided to start using it for now.)
600EX-RT Flash x 3 + Sto-Fen Diffusers
Yongnuo YN-E3-RT

Other Misc stuff...
PixelFast CF Media

Later, when it arrives...
MagMod Dome Diffuser

With the extra flash units, I may buy a few new eneloop batteries. I haven't purchased any new eneloops for years. All my eneloops still work great after 3-5+ years!!

Upvote 0
stringfellow1946 said:
Sony A7ii :) because Canon have lost the PLOT! :'(
I´m looking forward to see (I hope to see many posts) how you solve as many photo challenges with your Sony, as I do with my Canon(s) ... The Sony has a great sensor, but viewed as a camera system ... so far, not impressed. I am looking forward to an improved suite of Canon sensors though.

Upvote 0
Not quite for Christmas, but I bought myself a 7D and EF 28-135 last week, and ordered a new battery and grip the day before yesterday. Should be arriving today (no Christmas in China, so deliveries will be coming). When I get off work in the middle of January, I'll have plenty of chance to play!

Upvote 0
jcarapet said:
Now that the presents are unwrapped, what did everybody else get that they are ecstatic to have? Just a general thread to say thanks to the people in our lives that are amazingly generous.

So recently I sold my 7D and saved the cash. Found someone interested in trading for my 16-35 2.8 II, my 600 EX RT plus cash for the camera I've been ogling over for years. My new 1DX.

It'll be here next Monday.

Merry Christmas to me!

Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
CR Pro
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA
An EF 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS II for me after handing down my 70-200mm f/4.0 L IS to my daughter. Not necessarily in that order - she borrowed it a while back and seems to have adopted it. Good excuse for an upgrade.

Waiting for a bonus check to deposit before pulling the trigger on a 100-400mm L IS II. I almost bought it Christmas Eve but the local camera store did not have it in stock. I like the size/weight better than the Tamron - it will fit in my carry cases and I already have both extenders. That said, the Tamron has been a good learning experience for me.

Was tempted by the street price deal on the 500mm f/4 L IS II on Canon Price Watch recently but decided to hold off for now. Still contemplating the 7D II but think I'll wait to see what other bodies surface, particularly hoping for a new M.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
I didn't get any Canon branded gear, but got some things from my wish list to help with my photography.
Color Munki Monitor.
77mm Cokin Z Pro adaptor so I can fit my filters to my 70-200 f2.8 II.
2x Black Rapid FastenR T1 so I don't have to keep removing my tripod plates to yes my strap.
2x 1Tb hard drives to extend my photo storage mirror raid array. Yes I have a NAS mirrored backup and an off site but less frequently updated backup! :)
All in all a pretty happy bunny.
Most of the relatives have had colds or flu over Christmas :( so we still have some small bits and pieces to come when it is safe to visit. :)

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0
No Canon gear for me either. Did get a Rocket Blower though which has provided quite a bit of entertainment ;D

Getting a bonus from work at the end of the month which will go towards either a photo editing laptop or a 7DII. The laptop is verging on a need. the 7DII is just a want, despite my current 7DI being more than adequate for my needs.

Upvote 0