What do the yellow boxes by your avatar name indicate?

Admin US West

CR Pro
Nov 30, 2010
tayassu said:
It is a visualisation of your post number... Or the camera under it. Neuro has the most, while first posters have only one. ;)

The forum Membership is broken into several member groups. Each member group has a name associated with it, and a number of bars, stars, etc.

As the number of posts goes up, a Member is automatically moved to a different member group, and the number of bars changes to the setting for that member group. We could have done it like Canon Cameras, and reduced the number of bard down to one for the highest level of posts.

One advantage of breaking the membership up into different groups is our ability to allow different forum capabilities to higher posting members. We can also setup member groups by invitation or subscription only, and make them visible to certain groups only.

That's why you don't see the groups reserved for selfies and nude photos posted by movie stars and celebrities ;)

You don't see the user group that Admins use to exchange routine forum operation information either.

The Buy and Sell group is another example of a limited membership group, everyone can see it and post to a existing topic, but starting a new for sale topic is limited.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
NancyP said:
I never paid attention. Now that I have, you need to award at least another box to Neuroanatomist, who has 8 boxes and >14K posts, because MtSpokanePhotography has 9 boxes and a "mere" >9K posts. ;D Box Wars!

I was wondering when someone would notice that. Neuro does not get all the perks :)

Upvote 0

Tabor Warren Photography

I want to go shoot something with a Canon...
Feb 2, 2012
Tulsa, OK
www.photosbytabor.com
Jane said:
So what CR Admin is saying is that it's the number of posts not the quality that counts??? While many of the top contributors have really valuable input, it's easy for anyone to just say "nice picture" or something equally unmeaty to boost their post counts and enter exclusive circles. Really??

Yes. ;D

Upvote 0