What do the yellow boxes by your avatar name indicate?

FTb-n

Canonet QL17 GIII
Sep 22, 2012
St. Paul, MN
Standings as of this post:

Neuro 14897 posts, 10 boxes, one rumored EOS GEEK
Mt. Spokane 9055 posts, 9 boxes, one very envied EF 50 f0.7 IS
Marsu42 4944 posts, 7 boxes, one EF 400 f2.8L IS Mark II
Private By Design 2709 posts, 7 boxes, one EF 300 f2.8L IS II

All seems right to me -- except I'd rather have a 50 f0.7, but that's just me.

Upvote 0
CR Backup Admin said:
Marsu42 said:
Some other forums have a minimum quote/own content relation ratio, but I guess that's not possible with the current cr software.

I have not been able to limit the size of a quotation field, or to remove images that are included in a quote thru the standard moderator interface. Its probably possible to modify the program to do this, but then, with every new version of SMF, it will have to be modified and tested, and fooling around with things like that commonly break a large forum like CR.

Strange things creep in all the time from some seemingly unrelated change.

Bah! It's just PHP, a few changes here, a few changes there, commit to a local repository, when you do an update, diff the old/new files, create a patch and release.

It's not like it's Javascript or (dare I say it) Python where it's all chicken bones and sulfur ;D

Upvote 0
Marsu42 said:
serendipidy said:
Mt Spokane has nine. Is that the most you can get?

I don't get it. Is it only based on recent activity? Or on seniority (reg time)?
neuro - ~15k posts = 8 points
spokane ~10k posts = 9 points

Now its updated :D

Marsu42 ~5k = 9 boxes
spokane ~9k posts = 11 boxes
neuro - ~15k posts = 12 boxes

Upvote 0
RustyTheGeek said:
RustyTheGeek said:
RustyTheGeek said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Marsu42 said:
Tabor Warren Photography said:
Jane said:
So what CR Admin is saying is that it's the number of posts not the quality that counts??? While many of the top contributors have really valuable input, it's easy for anyone to just say "nice picture" or something equally unmeaty to boost their post counts and enter exclusive circles. Really??
Yes. ;D
Agree. :->

That's how it works, but I really have not seen a issue with those with hundreds of posts trying to build up their numbers. Its not a problem in any event, the moderators read a lot of posts and know who is who among frequent posters.
I'll reach...
neuro's post count...
someday!! ;D ;D ;D
Bwaaa Ha Ha Haaaa!! :D

Upvote 0
RustyTheGeek said:
RustyTheGeek said:
RustyTheGeek said:
RustyTheGeek said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
Marsu42 said:
Tabor Warren Photography said:
Jane said:
So what CR Admin is saying is that it's the number of posts not the quality that counts??? While many of the top contributors have really valuable input, it's easy for anyone to just say "nice picture" or something equally unmeaty to boost their post counts and enter exclusive circles. Really??
Yes. ;D
Agree. :->

That's how it works, but I really have not seen a issue with those with hundreds of posts trying to build up their numbers. Its not a problem in any event, the moderators read a lot of posts and know who is who among frequent posters.
I'll reach...
neuro's post count...
someday!! ;D ;D ;D
Bwaaa Ha Ha Haaaa!! :D

lol, good luck with that :D

Upvote 0
dstppy said:
Aglet said:
maybe some little boxing-glove icons could be added in there too, for adversarial and combative posters. ;)

We had a Karma system for that. Then adversarial people would go through and click all of your posts negative.

Saying something nice about Apple was an immediate penalty.

Those were the days.. Saying something good about the 7D was also an immediate smiting...

Now, as far as the camera or lens or whatever next to our name, how is that decided? The mroe expensive the item is the more post count?

Upvote 0