What has been your experience - Prints on aluminum?

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
I love aircraft grade aluminum prints with high gloss finish. I have not had any problems at all- just use calibrated monitor.

I use Bay Rose.

Aside from a unique and beautiful presentation, there are many options for sizes, clusters, etc., plus mounting options. No need for expensive glass, mats, frames, and the cost is quite reasonable for what you get.

As far as durability, I have had mine for many years and hang many in my office. After years of hanging, people still come in and go crazy over the pics. I think it is great that the pics fool them into thinking I am a good photog.

One thing is that the images print in jpeg, and I would love to find a company that utilizes raw.

My 2 Cents.

Scott

sanjosedave said:
What has been your experience - Prints on aluminum? Where are you getting them printed?

I've read some comments over on DPreview that even with adjusted monitors, it takes time to figure out the right amount of contrast etc to get good images on aluminum.

Upvote 0

hne

Gear limits your creativity
Jan 8, 2016
scottkinfw said:
One thing is that the images print in jpeg, and I would love to find a company that utilizes raw.

If you find one, please tell me where. So I can avoid it.
I'm all for sending 16-bit TIFF files with embedded profiles to a printer, but RAW? No, I want the possibility to influence how the print will look.

Back on topic: what kind of photos look best on aluminium? How do you edit them to get the most out of the high reflectivity? How do you light the prints for best effect?

Upvote 0